How much snow you getting???

I hope your not on the new dry lake up there.
LOL.. No.. I'm actually just north of that mess.. Its about 6 or 7 miles south and east of me.. That dam breach devastated that area.. What once was a huge lake is now literally a stream now..Trees are growing where there were lakes.
Property around me is getting snapped up now at real fast pace for much more money that it went for a year ago..I've learned from my sister who is in real estate that folks are walking away from their lake homes over there and moving inland and paying big $$ for any property that comes up for sale.. The locals are making bank right now..

Here is Wixom lake.. Notice the docks at the marina...This was a huge lake and central to the local economy..The road that washed out is 31, which was my way into my place. Now I gotta go about 15 minutes out of my way to get in.. Nothing compared to the folks who lost so much in this mess....my heart goes out to them..

IMG_0814.jpeg IMG_0813.jpeg IMG_0810.jpeg IMG_0808.jpeg

Last edited:
Here is Wixom lake.. Notice the docks at the marina...This was a huge lake and central to the local economy..The road that washed out is 31, which was my way into my place. Now I gotta go about 15 minutes out of my way to get in.. Nothing compared to the folks who lost so much in this mess....my heart goes out to them..

View attachment 272501 View attachment 272502 View attachment 272503 View attachment 272504
Ya .....that whole thing stinks to hi heaven...I cross Stanford lake on us 10 every time I go up...sad...sad...sad. my buddy just sold his place on Smallwood lake....rite by the wooden shoe....man was he lucky, I think thats empty now too.

Ya .....that whole thing stinks to hi heaven...I cross Stanford lake on us 10 every time I go up...sad...sad...sad. my buddy just sold his place on Smallwood lake....rite by the wooden shoe....man was he lucky, I think thats empty now too.
Yep, Sanford on 10 is where I’m seeing trees come up.

Record snowfall here 41" made the world news i guess. I only measured 34" but that was the end of the day im sure it settled some. Snowblower got a workout and so did I and only like half done with mine and still have to do my neighbors long driveway. They usually plow our road first because the town garage is right at the end of the road. They still havnt been by to plow it first time that has ever happend

Attachments