How to fix this

So I'm not quite sure if this is the right place to post this but I have an issue. I blew a rear tire the other day on the road and it ground a few teeth off my sprocket. Usually not a big deal but when I took it all apart, I found this sprocket is welded to the rim. I know they normally have a flange that the sprocket bolts to. So I need to buy a whole new rim, tire, sprocket set up. I have now the 72T #35 sprocket and would like to change to a 60T because I have to fight to keep the front down all the time. Is there any place that sells a package deal? I'd like to stay with the 4x6 rim with the 5/8in axle

You really need to provide more information, such as what type of bike you have, or post a photo. Also OldMiniBikes has a customer service representative who is very responsive.

It's a home made bike from what I can tell because it's frame is made from galvanized tubing. It's very well made though. I just need to know where to get a solid 6 inch x 4 inch rim that is also 6 inches from outside bearing to outside bearing. On a 5/8 shaft. All i can find are split rims

Well, unfortunately I cant help you if you're set on using a solid wheel. Splits are far easier to change tires on, and there are many out there that would suit you. Almost all of them require a 5/8 bushing to center or otherwise align the wheel, and of course use a flange for mounting the sprocket.

I assume the frame was built around that wheel as far as spacing of the engine goes. This guy on ebay sells various tire and wheel combinations and knows his way around mini bikes and maybe could help you. He is very responsive to questions, and doesn't beat around the bush. Here is a link to one of his wheels, and if you an ebay buyer or seller, you can ask him questions.

Our host here, OldMiniBikes Warehouse might be able to help you as well under their customer support heading.

It's a home made bike from what I can tell because it's frame is made from galvanized tubing. It's very well made though. I just need to know where to get a solid 6 inch x 4 inch rim that is also 6 inches from outside bearing to outside bearing. On a 5/8 shaft. All i can find are split rims
I could be totally in left field with this but it might be worth checking.

To me it looks like it is a wheelbarrow wheel.... Especially since the sprocket is welded to the wheel.

Last edited:
Thanks alot, a wheelbarrow wheel is exactly what it is. I looked up pictures and they are exactly the same. I think what I am going to do is cut this sprocket down to just around the mounting holes to basicly make it a flange. Then buy a 60t sprocket and it should bolt right on. Thanks so much again.

I think what I am going to do is cut this sprocket down to just around the mounting holes to basicly make it a flange.
Since you are having to make it work, why not buy one of these and make this work.

https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/doodlebug-sprocket-adapter-4.html

Wouldn't be any harder to do but would allow you to easily change the sprocket tooth count with common Go Kart sprockets. Do you have access to a Lathe? That would be the best option for turning the existing sprocket into a flange.

I would but I dont think I'm going to have to change the tooth count again. It already will go 32mph with the 72 and I want less torque so I dont end up on my butt. I would have to check the math again but 35mph+ would be scary on this thing. There are a few 60t sprockets for less than $20 that will mount to the holes in this sprocket