HP question, and am I missing something easy?

Hi all,
First off, I gotta say that the OldMiniBikes Warehouse is just awesome, talk about some great prices!

OK, I am looking at "building" my first GX200 clone this spring/summer. It will power a home made mini, and I want it to have a bit more HP, and speed than the stock clone I used and loved in my Tote Gote. I will be on a budget, but I do want to be safe, so here is what I have planned.

1. Remove Governor.
2. Remove factory exhaust, use a custom 14" header.
3. ARC6619 Billet flywheel (only $100 from OldMiniBikes!)
4. Billet Rod (only $59 from OldMiniBikes!), with the stock piston, should I use a +.10 or even a +.20?:shrug:
5. 18lb springs
6. 140 emulsion tube
7. Angled air cleaner and adapter.

I realize that there are all sorts of other things I could do to get more power, but I THINK (I really don't know as I have never modded a honda, or clone) that these mods will give me a safe motor, that will make more HP and run at much higher RPM, for about $200 in upgrades. Not bad $$$$$ wise.

Many of you have tons of experience with upgrading and modding these clones, am I missing something easy or cheap? Would I be better off doing something different than what I have planned?

Finally, is there anyone who has made roughly those same improvements, and if so, about what HP and RPMs could you produce?

Thanks for any feedback.:thumbsup:

just stick with the stock length rod. i'd also get a flat top piston (and rings, it does not come with them) since you'll need to remove it anyways. since you're sticking with the stock cam you might as well get the 1.2 rockers as well ($20). they'll give you a little more lift. you'll need to switch guide plates then but they say witch one to use on the AGK site.

C9H13NO3

That engine should be a pretty nice build. Stay with the stock length rod, and if you get the engine BRAND NEW you should be fine with just swapping the rings from piston to piston. I've done it a few times and never had a problem (just don't break the ring!). That engine will be safe and fine with those billet parts in it.

sound's like a sturdy build. i think the 20.00 rockers are a good cheep part. also you could bore the carb a lil bit if you have the tool's like.625/.650 im with ols chool on the pin, i have the stock piston but i got a honda pin from a buddy of mine their cheep

I brought 2 14cc heads on EBay for $20 each. They didn't come with the rockers or the valve cover so I haven't installed them yet, waiting on parts. Should. Be a cheap power gain. I did port the one head and will do the second when I get to the second bike.

I brought 2 14cc heads on EBay for $20 each. They didn't come with the rockers or the valve cover so I haven't installed them yet, waiting on parts. Should. Be a cheap power gain. I did port the one head and will do the second when I get to the second bike.
I used one of these heads on my latest build. Mine came with the valve train though. I'm real pleased with it so far.