HPE Muskin-Scat Tracker REBUILD

So I've had this project for a couple and making some progress. I have never logged a build all the way through, usually just when it is near completed. My son and I picked this one up on Craigslist. Fiberglass had some issues and needed attention. Luckily at work we have worked with some glass and I'm familiar with the process. Its not terrible work, but if you do it in the sunlight you see what your actually breathing if you choose not to wear a respirator. Trike looks to have the original Tecumseh motor. Belt is also original with writing still visible. Its missing the shroud but thank goodness it has the original ID tag still attached. Tires are original but in surprisingly good shape and usable.

Gonna be a fun project.

Little bit of an update, got the seat pad back from the upholster. I thought the original upholster was too big. And this paint job helped to make up my mind. Gonna go ahead and run a predator. I have a tank in the works, prefect match for this bike. I've never seen it done but it's gonna be a crowd pleaser.

Okay, here is the gas tank for our little project. It is a 8" diameter sphere. Been thinking about this for a while, couldn't get it to work on a mini but the trike is a perfect fit.

Okay, here is the latest. Paint came through flawless. It definitely
has the 70's feel. I could not be happier. I have the exhaust mocked up and a little more work to do.

Man....that is gorgeous....!

Question...how did you accomplish the foot peg configuration on the front axle....what parts, etc ?

Thanks

Last edited: