HS40 exhaust

I'm back again...

What are my options for exhaust on this HS40? I bought one of the long pipes from OldMiniBikes but I'm concerned that it is too heavy for it considering how much these old engines vibrate.

Will one of the flat L shaped mufflers fit on this motor?

THANKS!

Will one of the flat L shaped mufflers fit on this motor?
Yes, I use one of those to test my engines when I have sent a pipe out for chrome, or am in the process of building one.

Definitely, if you're going much longer than the pipe you currently have on that engine, you'll want to weld a bracket to it and bring it back to the head or frame for support.

In all honesty, you have a very nice exhaust on there, unless it's so rusted it's got holes in it.

Take it off, toss it in a bucket of oxalic acid, vinegar, or my choice, 3:1 murratic acid. Let it soak for a day, pull it out, rinse it well, and hit it with a metal polish- I like a buffing wheel on a drill press with jewelers rouge.

Then wipe it with WD40 and slap it back on. Or send it to a chrome shop and $50 later, it's Purdy.

Its a cool, desirable exhaust.

In all honesty, you have a very nice exhaust on there, unless it's so rusted it's got holes in it.

Take it off, toss it in a bucket of oxalic acid, vinegar, or my choice, 3:1 murratic acid. Let it soak for a day, pull it out, rinse it well, and hit it with a metal polish- I like a buffing wheel on a drill press with jewelers rouge.

Then wipe it with WD40 and slap it back on. Or send it to a chrome shop and $50 later, it's Purdy.

Its a cool, desirable exhaust.
That's interesting. It is rusted pretty bad. I am going to try this though.