HS40 screwed up?

Ok, so i have my rupp hustler, with the HS40, the thing is, it can idle all day, but when throttle is applied, it puffs smoke out the pipe and the valve spring cover, itll get to top end, then die out and run extremly rough,

also, with the CJ8 plug it runs good, but dies alot,

with an NGK BM6A plug, it runns great, like a beast, for about 2 mins, then feels like like its seized and i cant pull it, till it cools

with a universal E3 plug, it just has carbon buildup, and also, whenever a plug is take out, there is always fresh oil on it or around it,

thats about all i can remember, i havent started it all season,

richs

sounds like it needs rings +I use the champion j17lm sparkplug if the oil is coming out the valvespring cover that means the compression is bypassing the rings going into the crankcase and pushing the oil out of the breather passage

It does sound like it may need to be rebuilt, One other thing you can try before buy a rebuild kit, The Tecumseh engine only takes 21 onces of oil in the crank case of a HS engine, much more then that and they will blow oil out the breather and get into the exhaust/intake port and make the engine smoke and bog down. I accidentally put 23 oz. in one of my Tecumseh on a Rupp and it did that when higher RPM were put on it.

ok, another thing, shoudl i use thicker oil, like i think i used 5W-30 valvoline in there, i was thinking using a thick synthetic, like i have a bottle from my 79TA, i think its 30W-50 royal purple, its goopy webby stuff, maybe put like 20oz of that in there? and a new ring set ontop?

and for my exaust, out of the motor, its an inch of pipe, welded on there, but its legit, like factory, and the exause is about 1/8" bigger all around, whats supposed to go there? or could i just put a spacer tube there?

and someone said somthing about a Nova coil, whats that, i see its only like 14$, is it good for my case? what does it do?

this far north in canada, you will NEVER find me on my rupp riding around this time of year,,:thefinger:

so ill just get SAE30 and go some garage tests, gotta get it ready for summer,