HS40, the early revisions

old shed finds

But the good news about those half breed early HS40 snowblower motors is that you can make them work.

I took the fly wheel and set it on the lathe and turned off the electric start gear ring. After you do that, you essentially have a 32517 fly wheel. It’s actually a little lighter weight than a 32517 fly wheel.

Also on that shroud, with some cutting and some gentle welding you can make it look exactly like a standard Minibike shroud.

Bottom line, don’t avoid those engines. They’re pretty awesome
Its here it does have the chance to be a pretty fun engine

Attachments

delray

Took tag photo too
And fuel cap has fuel level indicator.
markus you see his ID tag on old shed finds motor. it contradicts what years you where say about ID tags being use only from 72-73. that one looks to be 1974 motor.
here is something interesting to see what i got. i have a 1974 ariens electric start stamp on top. also note the day of the year is later then is.

71 ariens with the ID tag

with Tecumseh changing the recoil covers and installing electric start it made it little harder to install the standard ID on the side and had to go with the dog tag style. i'm sure this wasn't cost efficient and maybe for other reasons too? so the resorted to the ID stamp on top.

here is couple late 70's with electric start and without with cover plate installed.

old shed finds

markus you see his ID tag on old shed finds motor. it contradicts what years you where say about ID tags being use only from 72-73. that one looks to be 1974 motor.
here is something interesting to see what i got. i have a 1974 ariens electric start stamp on top. also note the day of the year is later then is.

71 ariens with the ID tag

with Tecumseh changing the recoil covers and installing electric start it made it little harder to install the standard ID on the side and had to go with the dog tag style. i'm sure this wasn't cost efficient and maybe for other reasons too? so the resorted to the ID stamp on top.

here is couple late 70's with electric start and without with cover plate installed.
Glad to share the tag... Its a original deal.tonight it unbolted from blower then into my trunk. .

Fourtogo

What Tecumseh engine do I have here . It’s a E-Start thats one thing it does have and it does work . But it’s mostly a one pull runner . The frame is a Homlite Trail King . 8C909AFF-90B9-4238-AA0F-0DD9D56F3189.jpeg 3D930A80-CCED-4092-9455-3B0E19C6AEEC.jpeg

Would this be an h30 or h35 was told it was rebuilt. Highly doubt that so I’d like to know the year and model. To order gaskets and parts. Any help would be great

Attachments