HS50 Build

Update:
I opened the old engine up for the first time (had to cut up the old clutch) and found the strangest camshaft I've ever seen!
The intake lobe is absolutely massive, the tappets are different sizes, and it has COMPRESSION RELEASE!
I have 0 clue what it is or why its there, but it looks AWESOME!

markus

Update:
I opened the old engine up for the first time (had to cut up the old clutch) and found the strangest camshaft I've ever seen!
The intake lobe is absolutely massive, the tappets are different sizes, and it has COMPRESSION RELEASE!
I have 0 clue what it is or why its there, but it looks AWESOME!
:D yea they are kinda odd aren't they. They used those in the HS40 into 1970 only, if you look at the thread I posted earlier on the Crankshaft differences, I show one next to the 1971-up HS40/50 bump comp release cam. Those MCR cams are the reason the cut out is in the HS40 crankshafts. It wont cross fit the HS50 unless you carve on the crank to gain the clearance. If it's in nice shape still they (HS40's) run good with them, just remember to save the lifters with the cam, the one for the intake lobe is NLA and long gone for anyone's stock.