hs50 questions

markus

View attachment 290671
I cannot seem to find a single coil for one of these that is laid out this way. The short wire and the coil itself looks very similar to others but the long wire and the way it connects to the other small thing is throwing me off. It anyone has info let me know.

That is original configuration from the factory, all the replacements will just have ring terminals on the ends to attach to the stud on the points instead. they are sold separately as most of the time you are just swapping points/condensors out. You can also peel the metal connector apart clean and recrimp the wires into it, I do that a lot on the engines I rebuild, not so much piled up on the stud that way and I like how the original connector fits.

kai20

o
That is original configuration from the factory, all the replacements will just have ring terminals on the ends to attach to the stud on the points instead. they are sold separately as most of the time you are just swapping points/condensors out. You can also peel the metal connector apart clean and recrimp the wires into it, I do that a lot on the engines I rebuild, not so much piled up on the stud that way and I like how the original connector fits.
Okay thank you, I was assuming that was the case but I wanted to be sure before I bought anything.