HSSK50 small block mods

Ok i just got a chance to talk to the man in the know bout the Card Troll Pumps in Kimball, NE. Bout a mile North of I-80 on Hwy 71. It's on the Westside of Hwy 71 @ the Stop Light (only one in town) they have minimum 91, sometimes it may go as high as 93/94. Just depends on whats available out of North Platte. Was told it'll always be 91 min or better. It's also filled regularly, for it's only a 1000 gallon tank.

The East of the Stoplight has 85 octane ethanol free...

delray

pickup another gold series cheap today. spring is here and people are giving away there snowblowers...lol
91.jpg
89.jpg
she run's so good i hate to take her off the deck...lol it's ok the deck/housing is rusty anyway.
92.jpg

best part, i can make the crankshaft into anything i want it to be. same style crank has my project build has.
90.jpg
and a steel cam that can be modified into a standard cam,racing cam....etc...

delray

had little down time to work on epoxy the intake runner. i am using a product made by goodson made just for this.
epoxy.jpg

the bottom floor is terrible on these 5hp's. not to mentioned the weird outer intake design has it enters the intake and bounces up and over and around the valve stem and crashes on the flat back side wall and up.
101.PNG
98.PNG

filling in the floor and back side and making it ramp up and out. also going to change the intake port to more of a round design to match up with my new intake manifold/carb i will be using.
96.jpg
stuff is easy to work with. i will be able to go back scuff up the epoxy surface and leave more of a textured surface if need too.

Attachments

had little down time to work on epoxy the intake runner. i am using a product made by goodson made just for this.
View attachment 277648

the bottom floor is terrible on these 5hp's. not to mentioned the weird outer intake design has it enters the intake and bounces up and over and around the valve stem and crashes on the flat back side wall and up.
View attachment 277652
View attachment 277649

filling in the floor and back side and making it ramp up and out. also going to change the intake port to more of a round design to match up with my new intake manifold/carb i will be using.
View attachment 277650
stuff is easy to work with. i will be able to go back scuff up the epoxy surface and leave more of a textured surface if need too.
Can't wait to see the finished port, and the hp results!

delray

Can't wait to see the finished port, and the hp results!
that would be a full 5.5 hp .....lol
i don't think the power gain will be crazy. it should just run real good for a stock/cam engine with some mods done to it and pull up to 4700+5000 max rpm's.
going to be a slow build with my other stuff coming up. i just finish up two race engines. 225cc and the other one i can't talk about....lol
also the bike i want this flathead to go on will need the rims re-chrome and they go out in two weeks to get plated and when they come back?
that will slow the project way down and my racing. but i will keep posting when i can .... thumb1.PNG

delray

not much going on still with this motor. just been real busy with flat track minibike racing and will be still this winter. but i did want to up date on how this epoxy i got from goodson work very well in one of my clone heads i use in racing this summer. so i shouldn't have any problems with the flathead build when it's ready to run...:scooter:

All we have around here is 10% ethanol. Av gas at the airport nearby, but have not been there in years. Raceway park in Englishtown used to sell race gas. They pretty much closed the track, except for a beer fest and a now lame swap meet.

I often wonder if this new style head offers any performance gains.
I'm with you on this style of head, I ordered one and am going to give it a try

Tig weld all the bolt holes closed, drill to correct pattern. Then reface for flatness. Yeah I know, not worth it. But that head is used on engines that make pretty good hp for a stock flat head.