I am the oldest Newbie :-)

Hi, I am HVNFUN and I remember when Mini Bikes were the newest Big Thing. I even had a Rupp Store near by and had a few of them. Of course, before then, there were the Cushman scooters and yes back then, I also had a store near by. Somewhere back then, the Dune Buggy craze hit and new bodies were everywhere - even SEARS! They have all come and gone, yet the mighty mini remains. What do I have ? Not a single part, bolt nor even a worn out tire! But! Change is coming! Anyone near Frederickburg, Va, give me a shout out. I'd love to get together - maybe steal a few parts and if we could grow a group, hold some events.

Last edited:

Harquebus

Amazing. You're the oldest? :scared:
When the mini bike craze hit, you must've been too old then and scoffed at the notion. All those ridiculous contraptions; mini bikes, trikes scooters, go karts all with mundane, industrial single cylinder engines for power. Clown mobiles...I can sort of understand your disdain.

:001_tt2::biggrin::clown:

Guess in your old age you've had a change of heart. That's a good thing.

Exactly how "old" are you?

I am 54, and just bought TWO minibikes, after a hiatus...

One is a homemade one with 3hp B&S, and one is a like new Motovox, I'll probably use as a pit bike at the dragstrip...

How old is old? Try 72 and still moving. It is a great age! With a few bucks and everyday being Saturday, Life can be enjoyed. I'm still researching every possible option. I see the boys up north doing their drag racing and if it was local, I might give that a shot - actually leaning towards street legal.

Nice to see some wisdom arrive here given how much has left. The genius pool is nearly empty but we keep the water on in hopes some will return.

Last edited: