I bought another mini bike today

It was advertised as a 1967 Sears. Do you think that is what it is/was? Or JC Penny? And I think I read that a company called 'Bird MFG' actually made these? And under other names?

Trying to decide what to do with it. I have no idea what the seat is from? Original or replacement wheels? It has a replacement vintage BS 3HP.

Be totally honest with me on your thoughts and opinions. I might part it out, put a Predator 6.5 on it or keep the vintage look. I tried riding it. I'm probably 220lbs or a touch more. Going down a small incline was OK, trying to do anything else was impossible. Clutch or not enough motor? Would the 6.5HP move me?

Thanks!

If it has 6" wheels its a Bird Duck ! I love my Birds , Yes predator is a lot of motor , OK if you use a 60 tooth sprocket ! Tec 4hp would be correct . Do what you want , have fun , that's what matters :thumbsup:

If it has 6" wheels its a Bird Duck ! I love my Birds , Yes predator is a lot of motor , OK if you use a 60 tooth sprocket ! Tec 4hp would be correct . Do what you want , have fun , that's what matters :thumbsup:
Drover had 6'' wheels and 1'' tubing. Duck has 7/8'' tubing.

Last edited:
Dad always called his a Drover and it's 5" wheels with 7/8" tubing :shrug:

I've looked at countless pictures and one thing that throws me is the neck. Mine doesn't have the reinforced plate (I guess you'd call it that) like most.

joshua. c.

if you want it to look origenal an hs50 of the same age looks just like an hs40 but makes more power. if you swap the engine for a bigger one, preditors are made porly so stick with a briggs tecumseh or honda. you dont realy need more than 5hp to move you but a more powerfull bike is more fun.