I found a Flexo in the metal pile at the dump!

I got a tip from a friend the other day about a mini bike frame sitting in the metal pile at the dump. As soon as I got the message I sped down there and found this gem just sitting among the heap of broken grills, mowers, and random junk. It looks rough but the frame is very solid and rolls fine, the tires even hold air still! I am fairly certain it is a Flexo and after some brief searching it may be worth a lot to someone. I haven't decided if i should keep it or let someone else give it the proper restoration it deserves. It would be a shame to just toss a predator into it and beat it up like i do all my other rides.

OMG!! Thats a sweet find!! Scrambler maybe? I think KustomKartKid was redoing one of those with Evil Ed!!!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I would have left a sign for the scrappers" mini bikes wanted". Paying 10x scrap price... Which still works out to about $20 a bike

6doggie3

You have yourself a super scrambler that came with a 5hp briggs! I found one at a swap meet this earlier this year !
Look for the Go Kart Cycle/Flexo Scrapbook tread?

I got a tip from a friend the other day about a mini bike frame sitting in the metal pile at the dump. As soon as I got the message I sped down there and found this gem just sitting among the heap of broken grills, mowers, and random junk. It looks rough but the frame is very solid and rolls fine, the tires even hold air still! I am fairly certain it is a Flexo and after some brief searching it may be worth a lot to someone. I haven't decided if i should keep it or let someone else give it the proper restoration it deserves. It would be a shame to just toss a predator into it and beat it up like i do all my other rides.
nice bike!!
and thats how me and my friends got started into this mb madness,we found a bonanza at the scrap!
love to hear these stories n hope you decide to resto it :)

Just another bunch of tubing put together in a small mini bike shop run by two brothers who were so different from each other. Jack Levi was all about the cost of material and how to keep it down. And Ervin Levi seemed to run the production side of FLEXO. Back in 1971 when I bought out Keystone Lawn Mower in Torrance, California The seller Bud Berry said to go to Flexo and they would help me with better prices than I could get at Azusa Engineering. I was working full time as a building maintenance engineer in Century City and after work at @ 2PM I would go to Flexo for parts at least twice a week for almost 4 years as it was on the way back to D&D mini Cycle.
The building of the mini bikes and go Karts was done in the back of the shop by Carlos and I think a man called Frank . Production went on full time and they shipped out a lot of units and there was no UPS in those days. For many years I always thought my first mini bike was a Flexo Big Bear Scrambler that had a McCulloch 10 engine ( I looked like an Elephant on a roller skate ) but that didn't matter I was having fun and that bike was the pathway to buying the shop.
The sharp knowledge and research by so many of the members here on OldMiniBikes reviled to me that my first bike was an earlier Go Kart Scrambler. Just the way the jack shaft was mounted made the biggest difference.
So a find like this frame in a pile of scrap all the way out east has lots of history. I will bet some kid found the Flexo Ad in a boys magazine and the history begins and for it to still have the original wheels and probably tires too. And yes there should be a 5 HP Briggs engine and blue or red paint job.
So this is how I get to tell my stories of what I call the good old days.
Steve

Just another bunch of tubing put together in a small mini bike shop run by two brothers who were so different from each other. Jack Levi was all about the cost of material and how to keep it down. And Ervin Levi seemed to run the production side of FLEXO. Back in 1971 when I bought out Keystone Lawn Mower in Torrance, California The seller Bud Berry said to go to Flexo and they would help me with better prices than I could get at Azusa Engineering. I was working full time as a building maintenance engineer in Century City and after work at @ 2PM I would go to Flexo for parts at least twice a week for almost 4 years as it was on the way back to D&D mini Cycle.
The building of the mini bikes and go Karts was done in the back of the shop by Carlos and I think a man called Frank . Production went on full time and they shipped out a lot of units and there was no UPS in those days. For many years I always thought my first mini bike was a Flexo Big Bear Scrambler that had a McCulloch 10 engine ( I looked like an Elephant on a roller skate ) but that didn't matter I was having fun and that bike was the pathway to buying the shop.
The sharp knowledge and research by so many of the members here on OldMiniBikes reviled to me that my first bike was an earlier Go Kart Scrambler. Just the way the jack shaft was mounted made the biggest difference.
So a find like this frame in a pile of scrap all the way out east has lots of history. I will bet some kid found the Flexo Ad in a boys magazine and the history begins and for it to still have the original wheels and probably tires too. And yes there should be a 5 HP Briggs engine and blue or red paint job.
So this is how I get to tell my stories of what I call the good old days.
Steve

You have some great stories! That is one of the many reasons I love mini bikes. Takes me back to childhood memories.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk