I got beef with a predator and I have a 148cc help

I have a doodle bug with a Briggs snow blower motor...it's very punchy and easily kicks on stock doodle bugs and motovox ... until someone brought a predator....now I can barely keep up....I've already taken the governor off and I'm about to order some new valve springs (19lbs I think) and one of those cheep chiwanese carburetors of Amazon or eBay and more upgrades in the future..model and type are 09412 0202 any info would be greatly appreciated.

Giving up a 43% displacement advantage, flathead vs OHV, it ain't gonna happen.
I loves me an underdog, but Adrian wouldn't have beat Drago, even in Hollywood.

65ShelbyClone

Is your engine a flathead or OHV?

If it's a 3.5hp flathead as I suspect, then you'll have to double your engine's stock power just to match a totally stock governed 212 Predator. That's not going to be easy and the 212 will just run away again with minor mods.

Assuming you don't already have one, a series 30 torque converter with aggressive gearing would be the most bang for the buck. It could also be used on another engine....such as upgrading to a Predator.

Last edited:

joshua. c.

If you got a beef with a predator it may be time to get a briggs 5 horse flathead or a more powerful briggs 6.5 over head valve. both can be bought used for cheep and both have full sets of racing parts available for them and they are a much closer match for a predator than a 3.5hp is. the over head valve is the better choice of the two.