I need help Identifying this bike!

My Father and I Started this project when I was younger, we ran into some speed bumps that slowed down the build, and then I joined the military. after seven years of serving, my father recently passed away, I have the bike now and I am determined to finish it for the both of us. the last hurdle I have to pass is the rear wheel. For starters, we got the frame and wheels and that was it. we expanded the frame to make this big old 10hp Tecumseh engine I rebuilt fit. Our goal was the make a mean rat bike, and that is what we called it, THE RAT BIKE. as you can see it has a lot of interesting parts to it haha.... well the last thing I need is a brake for the rear wheel. I was told by everyone this this is a Rupp , but one person said it wasn't. so I guess for starters a proper ID of the bike is in order. the space that accepts the drum brake is 1/16th larger than 3.5 inches (where I drew the red line), so I'm looking for a brake that from the outside of the shoes is exactly 3.5 inches, and I cant find it anywhere! so I ask you guys for HELP! I want to complete this build this summer and that's the last thing holding me up. thank you so much for your time, this means a lot!

View attachment 98808 View attachment 98807 View attachment 98809 View attachment 98810

So after much research, it turns out that its a FOX THUNDERBOLT that had the frame (somewhat poorly) expanded. Where can I find FOX Thunderbolt wheels anyone? 20170625_102711 (3).jpg 20170625_103119.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm, I don't know where you'd find wheels for it. I have a fox too, call it "the rust bucket" [emoji23]. I haven't measured them out but they are very similar to my super scat cat wheels. I'd think they arnt too far off of rupp wheels too but i don't know for sure.
it's one of my favorite bikes, I hope you get it going! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes mobile app powered by Tapatalk

oh man! that's the same bike as mine! I need a drum brake for it, until then I cant ride it, it has a 10hp B&S it! it is so freaking fast hahaah where can I get a drum brake for our bikes, or even just a new wheel ?