I need to find a crimper for these.

These are supposedly a GM product from back in the day. used to clamp together the thick steel wire used to make part of the seat frames.

The way that each part is made, I would bet that the two little holes in the brackets were to be able to spot weld the two wire ends after the crimping process. Just a thought as I am not a upholstery man.
Steve :scooter:

I think hog ring pliers will work...you may need to take a couple bits with the pliers tho..

Last edited:
Cdoublejj,

Search for Upholstery Spring Clamp Crimper. Here's an example of what the tool is. Upholstery Tool 3-Prong Clip Plier | DIY Upholstery Supply My dad ran an upholstery business back in the day. Link is only for illustration. I'm in no way associated with the site, not even as a customer.

Hope it helps.

Free Spirit
BINGO! Somehow my mom managed to not only find this out before i did. They called B.W. clips and i guess the 3 prong plies could be called B.W. crimpers. I think Spring Clamp makes the most since to meas far as names go.

Supposedly from dad knows the factories had pneumatic air power crimpers to crimp them on the assembly line or factories that the seat frames were made in.

Last edited:
BINGO! Somehow my mom managed to not only find this out before i did. They called B.W. clips and i guess the 3 prong plies could be called B.W. crimpers. I think Spring Clamp makes the most since to meas far as names go.

Supposedly from dad knows the factories had pneumatic air power crimpers to crimp them on the assembly line or factories that the seat frames were made in.
Glad I was able to help.