I need your "helpful" opinion.

Since I have all this free time on hand these days, I was getting my Trail King scooter ready for the Summer riding.
I noticed the Driven Torque Converter Pulley has excessive play where it slides onto the shaft of the transmission. Since original parts are long gone my options are few. I could use stainless steel shims to take up the play? My lathes will not hold the 7 inch pulley to re-bore and bush the pulley's keyed hole. I would have to make some sort of adapter in order to use my lathes.
Replace the pulley with a 40 series type? Can you get just the driven pulley?
Try to sleeve the hole and weld it into the aluminum casting?
Any ideas that you have seen that worked?

It is the driven ( clutch) of the DEFCO Maximatic torque converter. Long out of business

Trail King clutch2.jpg
The above photo has the worn hole in it's center. To pull the clutch off of the transmission requires the whole disassembly of the rear of the bike.
I will be doing that,just not today.

Attachments

Since I have all this free time on hand these days, I was getting my Trail King scooter ready for the Summer riding.
I noticed the Driven Torque Converter Pulley has excessive play where it slides onto the shaft of the transmission. Since original parts are long gone my options are few. I could use stainless steel shims to take up the play? My lathes will not hold the 7 inch pulley to re-bore and bush the pulley's keyed hole. I would have to make some sort of adapter in order to use my lathes.
Replace the pulley with a 40 series type? Can you get just the driven pulley?
Try to sleeve the hole and weld it into the aluminum casting?
Any ideas that you have seen that worked?
Have you got a faceplate?
Just a thought.