I want a Powell

Looking for a decent Powell....Must be willing to ship or help with shipping. Looking for one like Peekster sold in this picture. Thanks, Richie

In my own humble opinion...

If you don't get one with the hand shifter you just get an odd ugly minibike.

:shrug:
Yea...I would rather have one with the shifter and Briggs.....The Powells are just so unique compared to minibikes of the era. Not to mention the Powell manufacturing history. I really want one ! :hammer:

CarPlayLB

I have a Powell, and I want a dozen more. I have the shifter/Briggs model. I will try to start a thread one of these days. I am having the Briggs painted Evil Copper color, the frame has been coated red, and I am working on the chrome wheels. I had the aluminum sides of the wheels polished...and shifter got chromed too! Here it is when I started...good from far, but far from good!

george3

I have a Powell, and I want a dozen more. I have the shifter/Briggs model. I will try to start a thread one of these days. I am having the Briggs painted Evil Copper color, the frame has been coated red, and I am working on the chrome wheels. I had the aluminum sides of the wheels polished...and shifter got chromed too! Here it is when I started...good from far, but far from good!
Same as the Ventura Powell, model D. I sold my model D recently, But I still have the two Phantoms.

Not giving mine away, but would let it go. Serial number 3009-D - Signed by the Powell boys at Paul's Powell gathering during Funday. Engine is original, runs great, and has been repainted black because I've yet to see the exact shade it was originally...copper, but has a touch of pink to it by my eyes.

Not shown in the pics, but I have a pretty nice aluminum clutch cover, shown in the pics I have the original throttle, new set of NOS grips, some new NOS throttle parts, and some repro decals. Bike has a kickstand.

I'm about $900 into it all told. I was one of the first if not the first on the board to have one, may have even had it longer than OldMiniBikes has been around. But anyways, it's just collecting dust. Would probably take $800 for it and would ship at buyer's expense. Other than that it can keep collecting dust.

According to Don's info in the Powell serial numbers thread, it was originally sold to the famous Milne Brothers:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...=SoCZDIpjit49hOex-F5FNg&bvm=bv.55617003,d.eW0