Identifying Predator

Hey guys. I'd like to know how to identify my Predator 212. I know its a non-hemi (which sucks) and I've looked all over for some sort of plaque, or anything that will give me the model number, (example: 68120) but all I could find was this sticker on the shroud thing that goes over the flywheel and junk.

IMG_0089.JPG

I mostly want to know what model it is, since I've heard that you can't attach things like an electric start kit and flywheel on the newer engines. Which is weird, since I got both of those things in there today. Although I got some rattling going on where the flywheel goes. Which might be the flywheel not being in all the way for some reason, (wasn't doing that noise when I first put it in with no electric start or charging coil) the charging coil hitting the flywheel, or the plastic flywheel not being in on all three sides, even though I've left it on two sides only and the engine made no noise. But the weird thing is that it makes a nasty rattle when I first pull the string and its on choke, but once it gets to normal idle, it stops making noise, but as soon as I give it gas, it makes the scary rattle again.

My engine is pretty old, (from 2012) but I don't know what the cutoff point is, and perhaps I can make a video of it, since the only video of an electric start on a Predator is terribly shitty since the guy goes over nothing that has to do with the actual installation.

Also, if anyone knows what kind of battery the Honda GTX160 or 200 uses on their electric start I'd like to know too. I don't want to buy a fat voltage battery and cheesing the expensive electric start (45$), about half the cost of the engine itself, lol.

Last edited:

SAS289

Electric start will cost you. A battery alone for that would be north of $30. Any decent size 12 volt battery will work. Maybe Harbor Freight sells a battery for their electric start predator generators that would work for you? If their battery will crank over the 5500 watt model with it's 420 cc engine, it would be enough power to crank the little 212cc engine.

Model no. is on upper right of label.
R10-III
Probably a 69730.
Google these numbs.
Son of a gun. I've been bamboozled! Turns out its the EPA model (69730) which is complete eggs.

Edit: Looks like I may be wrong. Its showing the hemi type as model 69730, but that's weird; since my engine definetly doesn't have the cast valve cover. And the Harbor Freight site isn't showing non-cast valve cover engines for some reason.

Electric start will cost you. A battery alone for that would be north of $30. Any decent size 12 volt battery will work. Maybe Harbor Freight sells a battery for their electric start predator generators that would work for you? If their battery will crank over the 5500 watt model with it's 420 cc engine, it would be enough power to crank the little 212cc engine.
Yeah, the electric start kit has cost me about $90 dollars, but it will be worth it since I will be able to have lights on my Doodle Bug and just plain convenience from the electric starter.

I might get a hemi engine later on, and see if the flywheel with teeth will fit on it. I've heard the newer engines have a tapered shaft or something like that, which doesn't let you use the Honda flywheels.

Last edited:
They don't sell batteries like that just small ones unless I'm mistaken.