If you have a couple minutes "please"

banjo

I am a believer that loud pipes save lives, but when in residential neighborhoods I keep it down around any more than necessary.

And Banjo, since you didn't talk to the guy, only showed him what a Jap bike can do, that scores 0 points. You didn't make a friend that might turn you on to other mini bikes, and you didn't make a friend. Actions speak louder than words. While your action of racing him may have won the race, you lost the possibility of a good connection.

Winning is not all that is is made up to be.
I did it out of anger after being taunted. I didn't say I did the right thing, although it seems to have put an end to it. Now if he was someone from my (small) town I would have known him and tried to talk to him. I am not looking for and will not turn this into a pissing match. I am glad to hear you seem to have respect for others with you'r bike but this guy is the opposite. Dave

TomH

Well I will weigh in with a long winded answer that will probably not be the right solution for you, but it worked great for me. My story is a bit different because I was the red spot. I lived in a real nice high end area, "house poor" when I was in my 20's. I had a good job, but to make extra money I was flipping cars. I had a deal with Thrifty rent a car to buy about 3 or 4 cars a month. I would super detail them fix little stuff and try to make 400 a car. I had two volkswagens in the garage I was messing with, a split window and an old sunroof, both ran but they weren't done. I bought a motor home and a ski boat and it was parked beside the driveway But at times I had more cars than driveway. So I would park the overflow in front of my house. Any way I had this older neighbor lady that had the strangest looking front yard I have ever seen two doors down. decorative white rock behind this gaudy pinkish wrought iron fence, her old man owned an iron fence business, complete with a pink round ball mirror statues and various other mooch items inside there. She started calling the police about my derelict cars being parked on the street. They couldn't do anything about it, they would show up and say hey if you can keep them out of the street, it will shut her up, I know they are new cars but anyway be neighborly if you can. Then she went around to the neighbors complaining property values and whatever, they told me so, but the rest were cool with me, I didn't work on them at odd hours anyway.
Well anyway to make a long story longer, I bought a place with enough land around it that noisey neighbors couldn't see anything I was doing. Yeah I had about a 25 mile drive to work, but I have the privacy of a rock star and an 8 acre minibike trail and old cars and trucks for yard art, deer, turkey and rabbits running around for neighbors. It is not for everyone, but I have been here since 82 and I am not going anywhere.

TomH

They aren't going anywhere. I call em me two's. They all dress alike, look alike, but they don't think so. Lot of them are good souls, but he has one in his neighborhood that isn't. Hopefully he will blow it up soon, they aren't that great at staying together unless you know what your are doing. Had one up the road that way, he is still in intensive care paralyzed after almost a month. Thank goodness he didn't screw up anybody else driving like an idiot.