I'm thinking of taking a roadtrip

I think its time to take a roadtrip. I'm tired of the move from one house to another. Still need to put a bunch of stuff away but I think after Christmas I may take a trip somewhere I have never been. I am thinking Omaha Nebraska. I'm just curious who may be close to this route I may take?

Attachments

Go south to Oklahoma and we'll go to the world famous Red Dog Saloon which is right up the street from me, we can get a burger and get wasted and then walk back to the house where you are welcome to the couch. Then I can sell you the low seating position Super Tryke I will never finish and you can haul it home and build it, I will not object to it having a clone.:laugh:

Gumpit, When I first read your thread I thought a person would have to be out of his mind to make that trip in January; but then I remembered you sloshing around and covered with mud at Windber last year and then it made more sense...lol. A couple of years back I drove from central Pennsylvania to Davenport Iowa to pick up a Fox Campus bike in the middle of January. I took the same route that you have mapped out and let me tell you that was the worst trip I've ever taken. 800 miles of lake affect snow along the great lakes, white out conditions most of the way, sleet, freezing rain, and wind blasting 40 to 50 mph the whole time. Had the heater on full blast and still froze my ass off. If I were you I'd aim my vehicle south and head for some warm sunshine. I'd go visit Buckeye and get me some good ribs, southern fried chicken, and boiled peanuts. If you do take the northern route I wish you good luck and I'll be looking for the guy with the still frost bitten fingers at Windber this year. Ogy

I am the type of person that goes out when there is a blizzard just to drive around in the snow. Hurricane force winds are a "breeze". Heavy rain is not an issue. Traffic is relaxing to me. I pull over when people are behind me so I can drive slower and enjoy the scenery.... And if I come home with more scrap metal than when I left so be it....:scooter:
And I am pretty sure when they had the "weather warning" at Windber I was the only one driving around the fields with a poncho and my trusty steed....

Cuda54

Well I am an hour and a half north of Davenport Iowa. Not to far off your route. Weather is not to bad here now kind of warm for this time of year.

Hey Gumpit, another day driving'll put you in Reno! Biggest little city in the world. Lake Tahoe just a half hour up the hill (well the Sierra Nevadas anyway). I got 3 killer minibikes but no trikes. And no mud. Probably a deal killer:laugh:

(I was gonna post a pic, but where are they???)

Last edited: