insane #41 nickel chain deal<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

My order showed up today. All I can say is, thanks dude! Holy crap what a deal. $13 for nickel plated number 41 chain 100 feet includes a bunch of master links. What a screaming great deal! thank you so much for posting it. I would’ve never seen that deal

View attachment 245740

ya'll are very welcome, i always try to pass on good deals to folks. I was just about to post some pics i just took but you beat me to it lol Yes I was very surprised to see all those master links. I don't know if this will be a lifetime supply of chain but its gonna be a while before i put enough toys together to use it all up. Someone must have made an error when they priced this stuff, the shippin alone must have cost more then 13.00, even with a killer discount. I have a hunch that they must drop ship from different vendors a lot or all the time and some vendors are better then others. worked out this time.

cfh

Thanks again on the number 35 chain link. That came in the mail today. Looks great for 10 bucks how can you beat it?

Just need a deal on #40 chain and all bases are covered!

05BEF056-A3FC-4728-9485-D358D52BD8E7.jpeg

cfh

Most vintage 1960s/early 1970s bikes used #35 chain. But with torque converter they seemed to move to #41 chain (bigger). But Speedway and a few other makers used #40 chain (same pitch as #41, but wider and much stronger.) #35 chain is really pretty wimpy, i personally try to not use it. And #35 is not an actual roller chain, where #4x is. #41 is a lot better (though technically not really stronger than #35), with #40 being the best of the group. But obviously you use what your sprockets are pitched to use. On the newer Chinese bikes i'm not really sure what they use.

@Kyminibiker thanks for the link. I am sure this deal was appreciated by many.

#35 chain is really pretty wimpy,
#35 chain is built to a minimum tensile strength standard of 1760 pounds. That is 260 pounds MORE than the standard for #41 chain. Average tensile strength number is about 100 pounds more, and quality kart chain such as EK and RLV exceed ANSI specs. #35 "space chain" is the same pitch, but uses #41 pin specifications.

#35 is not an actual roller chain, where #4x is. #41 is a lot better
#35 chain standards require a roller of .200 inches maximum. Note the use of the term "Roller" in the ANSI standard. What you are referring to is "roller bearing" that fits within the chain roller- which is not preferable in cases where a chain comes in contact with abrasives like dirt, unless it is sealed with an O ring. Solid roller chain (that is what it is called) is much slower wearing, and preferred over roller bearing in the kart racing world. (Note the article comparing EK, DID, HAT 219 kart chain)

@crazycarts4us to determine the chain you need, you measure the pitch of your sprockets. Here is a nice write up OldMiniBikes did for several aspects of maintenance, including measuring for chain pitch. Scroll half way down the page.

cfh

When I rebuild a mini bike if there’s a choice I go with a 40 or 41 chain. My experience with 35 chains is they really like to stretch. and I end up spending a lot more time adjusting the chains, then I do on 40 or 41 chain bikes. I know technically a 35 chain is stronger than 41, but my experience shows that 35 chains just stretch continually. Where 40 and 41s don’t seem to have that problem. But if you spend more money for say an “extreme” #35 chain, stretching is less than say a cheap 35 chain

Most vintage 1960s/early 1970s bikes used #35 chain. But with torque converter they seemed to move to #41 chain (bigger). But Speedway and a few other makers used #40 chain (same pitch as #41, but wider and much stronger.) #35 chain is really pretty wimpy, i personally try to not use it. And #35 is not an actual roller chain, where #4x is. #41 is a lot better (though technically not really stronger than #35), with #40 being the best of the group. But obviously you use what your sprockets are pitched to use. On the newer Chinese bikes i'm not really sure what they use.
You can replace #41 with much stronger #420, same pitch, roller diameter and width; larger pins, heavier plates.

chainspecs2.jpg

The OldMiniBikes Warehouse article linked above (post #36) contains misinformation, #420 has the same roller width as #41, not #40 (which is 1/16" wider); a true #40 sprocket would be too thick/wide for #420 chain (contrary to what article states). I said a true #40 sprocket because there are a lot of 40/41/420 sprockets on the market which will work with all three chain sizes but aren't ideal for any one of them (made to accommodate the narrower #41/420 width and the slightly larger diameter #40 rollers).

More discussion: https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/junk-roller-chain.166057/

cfh

I really don't have problems with the 41 chains. They seem to hold up quite well. It's the damn 35 chains. They stretch and stretch and don't ever seem to stop stretching. I've used the 'extreme' version and that helps a lot. but it's not a 41 or 40 chain. those seem to not stretch (after the intial break in period.)