Interested in knowing what this is…

Ed is correct on the brand of wheels (no surprise). These wheels are known wobblers from the factory and can cause real challenges in getting drum brakes to work properly (if they work at all) and getting the chain/rear sprocket tension correct. Are you considering purchasing the bike?
Michael

I’m in the process of rebuilding a MTD ss300 myself. While searching for parts I stumbled across this for sale down the street from me. He has it listed as a lil indian, but it’s definitely a ss300. And it’s got the stock wheels and hubs, which I had troubles finding. I don’t need them, but he said he’d trade me wheels and tires if I wanted them

Attachments

DaddyJohn

Looks like that one has had a bit more modern-day modding done to it, but has lots of potential!

I’ve made some progress on mine since getting it, mostly in adding a Tecumseh HS50 snowblower engine and cosmetics.

The Azusa Tristar wheels are indeed wobblers…:( At least 1/8” of runout; I’m hoping the chain will stay on. The universal drum brake (riding in a dished sprocket) engages in a high spot and will pulse when applied. Not ideal…

Attachments

Yeah, I just knew it was hard finding my hubs. So I figured I’d throw it out to you. Here’s mine right now. The predator 212 is temporary. I’m in the process of rebuilding a Tecumseh H-50 5hp for it. Playing around with different gas tank ideas too

Attachments

Lizardking

Looks like that one has had a bit more modern-day modding done to it, but has lots of potential!

I’ve made some progress on mine since getting it, mostly in adding a Tecumseh HS50 snowblower engine and cosmetics.

The Azusa Tristar wheels are indeed wobblers…:( At least 1/8” of runout; I’m hoping the chain will stay on. The universal drum brake (riding in a dished sprocket) engages in a high spot and will pulse when applied. Not ideal…
Clean little rider! Can you grind the high spots to minimize the pulsing on the brake? I remember reading of someone putting the sprocket on a lathe to solve the problem.

Lizardking

Yeah, I just knew it was hard finding my hubs. So I figured I’d throw it out to you. Here’s mine right now. The predator 212 is temporary. I’m in the process of rebuilding a Tecumseh H-50 5hp for it. Playing around with different gas tank ideas too
Here's another spot for the tank that looks awesome Imo. Behind the seat is another good spot for the round tanks.

Attachments