Introductions - me and the bike!

Hey all - I'm in western CO and just landed this little beauty...

Haven't been able to chase down the serial number yet; just can't seem to find it.... But I think it's a '69/'70 HPE Muskin Cat 250X. Mostly original, save for the industrial chain/clutch guard.

She's been in storage for over almost two decades, and came with a Manco go kart we picked up.

My daughter and I put fresh fuel in the tank, checked the oil - and BAM! Started first pull! Get outta here!

I'm having trouble finding another Cat 250X with the 2HP Briggs engine. I see the 2.5HP all over, but not the 2HP. Could this have been swapped? More curious than anything.

Anyhow - here she is:

Attachments

Check under your chainguard at the front left of the engine plate for the serial number. I would agree that Briggs is a little newer than you're bike. Check the blower housing near where the carb mounts. The first two of the codel should be the year of the engine...

45t

Serial # for cats are along that front edge of the engine mount like minibikin stated. Should look like pic attached. The one pictured is a 1970 model.

C43A3559-7D05-46F0-B987-00CE3AAD5BCE.jpeg

Serial # for cats are along that front edge of the engine mount like minibikin stated. Should look like pic attached. The one pictured is a 1970 model.

View attachment 300712
I have looked all over - including under the chain/clutch guard and along the front edge of the engine....but have yet to find my serial number.

It could be buried under some layered-up paint. I'm not ruling that out! I took a wire brush to it, but never discovered anything.

That's OK - we still dig it!

Thanks for the good words!