Is all #35 chain just as good?

I am buying some chain soon & found some really cheap. If i buy cheap roller chain will they break while riding? Is there a heavy duty version as there is with some other types of chain, & if so is it necessary to use it?

There are several grades of #35 chain available, if you plan on riding often I would avoid the economy grade and go for better quality, I would contact the good folks at OldMiniBikes warehouse, they will set ya up!!........................Tom.

Per my discussion about #35 chain with Eric at OldMiniBikes, he recommended what is called "space" chain, specifically the EK Silver Pro. Here's what he said:

"I use the EK chain...being xxx lbs of fat kid, I was stretching the normal chain...EK is pre stretched. This is what I use:

https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/ek-silver-pro-kart-chain-35-45-.html

The silver chain is what's called "space" chain that has a bit wider link. It is a bit more forgiving because it can center itself on the sprockets. It is not stronger than the standard chain."

They carry other #35 space chain, but Eric's other words of wisdom, the other "chain is ok, but will stretch...buy the good stuff, buy it once!"

Last edited:

KB2ROCKET

are all cars the same are all pizzas the same are all socks the same are all tools the same are all minibikes the same are all sewing machines the same are all houses the same are all girlfriends the same??
if you answer all these questions then you will have answered your own question at the same time
/
are all questions the same are all tires the same are all head lights the same are all door knobs the same?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

gbabins1

I buy the good race cart chain. Takes a beating and holds up extremely well. Only chain I buy. The links in the cheap stuff get stiff and bind up after a bit.