is it supposed to be like this?

When the 3.5 tecumseh engine is running- well the chain is moving- I had the mini bike on a stand and at idle the rear tire was spinning- AND- i could hear like a bell sound (like a ringing)coming from the front sprocket area- when I took the chain off- the ringing sound stopped- I could not ( wellI did not see) the front sprocket spinning- is it supposed to be like this?
My neighbor thinks that there is supposed to be a "clutch" on the front sprocket that engeges when the throttle is used- putting power to the rear wheel-I don't remember what it supposed to be- any help? I just do not remember:laugh:
Thanks in Advance-

When the 3.5 tecumseh engine is running- well the chain is moving- I had the mini bike on a stand and at idle the rear tire was spinning- AND- i could hear like a bell sound (like a ringing)coming from the front sprocket area- when I took the chain off- the ringing sound stopped- I could not ( wellI did not see) the front sprocket spinning- is it supposed to be like this?
My neighbor thinks that there is supposed to be a "clutch" on the front sprocket that engeges when the throttle is used- putting power to the rear wheel-I don't remember what it supposed to be- any help? I just do not remember:laugh:
Thanks in Advance-
Yea there should be a clutch order one off OldMiniBikes ware house

Chances are the clutch is still good
The bushing is prob dry and needs lubrication
It would be a good idea to remove the clutch give a good cleaning and you good to go :thumbsup:

It sounds like you have a clutch and if you do, the ringing is normal, and the wheel will turn on a stand.

Last edited:

Mac

Bring the mini to my yard sale on the 25th,
there will be plenty of ideas here. (another shameless plug)

IJG

clean & lube the clutch

its engaging on it's own and needs not to do so unless high rpm's are in the works. Once cleaned out & lubed the bell will only ring when you hit the gas and let go . Glad you get to enjoy you're youth at the retired age mr.