Is my flywheel trashed?

Is the damage to the flywheel ok? It also seems to be tight. I’m having trouble spinning it easily with a drill. The previous owner was in a bit of an accident. The right side was banged up. Engine case dented and the frame bent. Is it ok to use a flywheel this chewed up? I believe it’s a Tecumseh H50 engine

Attachments

Clearly I’m a noob and just realized after I posted my last post that the hard to spin the flywheel part was due to compression. I took the plug out and spins like a top. But my question about the condition of the flywheel stands.. thanks

mustangfrank

I wouldn't take a chance running it much with that flywheel...the aluminum flywheels can be bent out of round just from removing them wrong. Yours is missing metal unevenly from the fins so it's not going to be balanced anymore. Minor issue is the loss of some fan function too, but that is really splitting hairs.

It should be fine to run. What happened is someone put screws that were to long to hold the recoil on or the bike fell over and pushed in one or more corners and the thread insert hits the fans and chips it out. This is actually very common to happen on these engines. Just make sure it doesn’t feel out of balance when you run it. Make sure to fix the problem that caused the fan blades to chip out.

It should be fine to run. What happened is someone put screws that were to long to hold the recoil on or the bike fell over and pushed in one or more corners and the thread insert hits the fans and chips it out. This is actually very common to happen on these engines. Just make sure it doesn’t feel out of balance when you run it. Make sure to fix the problem that caused the fan blades to chip out.
This makes a lot of sense. The screws that held in the recoil had like 4 washers per screw and one was sheared off.. probably from the accident.

colt 1911

Is the damage to the flywheel ok? It also seems to be tight. I’m having trouble spinning it easily with a drill. The previous owner was in a bit of an accident. The right side was banged up. Engine case dented and the frame bent. Is it ok to use a flywheel this chewed up? I believe it’s a Tecumseh H50 engine
NO