Is this country getting trashier?

Yup... surrounded by pigs everywhere ya turn trash... I can take it out, but I can't take home and dispose of it properly or even throw it out when ya stop for fuel, frustrating to say the least...

Jus'sayin... :mad:

^^^^ What Mark said... just yesterday, watched a lady at the car wash look right at me and then throw her lit cigarrette out her window and onto the driveway before she drove into the wash...
I've also noticed much more trash from neighbors and passers by ending up on my property than ever before. Getting real tired of the damn beer cans and whiskey bottles in my ditches..those bottles really explode when the brush hog hits em....:mad::mad:

And what about the drivers on the roads these days? It's getting bad...

What I’ve seen in my area: I guess the new “in” thing for the rich and famous in my little town is to get your name on one of those little blue signs that say you or your group is in charge of the next mile or so…we all see them….then they pay the homeless to go pick up the trash so they don’t have to touch it…..

pomfish

Went to WallyWorld on Thursday and when putting my cart back in the corral noticed the cart ahead of me had a large and small trash bag in it.
A-Hole probably does it every time they come so they don't pay garbage company. Wish I would have seen it happen.

Also got nice dent on rear hatch of van at another supermarket 2 months ago. Those hatches are pretty tuff on the curves of metal so that thing had to launched across the lot.
Pizzes me off every time I look at it.

Trash in the yard, oh yeah worse in summer.
Welcome to 'Merica

River Rat Ron

I’m 6 miles from the nearest small town. Nearest neighbor is a half mile, everyone knows and looks out foreach other around here.
Other than seeing a beer can now and then we don’t throw trash out the window.
Don’t get me wrong there’s always a couple of places with a yard full of cars and shit everywhere and one toilet. Thankfully the weeds hide most of it.

Last edited:

45t

I think the bigger issue is the absence of common courtesy, decency and respect. If they don’t have it, they never will. I also think that those folks that absently toss the trash or flick the cigarette really don’t understand how one person’s carelessness can impact others and the world they live in.

I really would like to see the good side of society but I’m often reminded on a daily basis of how bad we can act towards each other.

PatrickCraik

Sure is near me. Amazon recently built a distribution center a mile or so away, as the crow flies. They probably got a tax break hiring people from the ghetto instead of locals or couldn't get any locals willing to work, hard to know these days. I always see trash along the side road to the entrance, which I rarely saw before. Sad

Augiedoggie

I live on a corner in suburban town. 4 way stop sign intersection. Trash on all 4 corners constantly. Latest trash found is an assortment of face masks added to fast food trash and cigarette butts and water and soft drink bottles. Some people were never taught properly. Wish my dad was around to teach these litterbugs some proper respect for their environment. Good healthy kick in their backside would do well for them I reckon.

I walk my dog around the neighborhood and always carry a trash bag, for litter. Today is trash pickup day and my bag will be full of what the collection guys spilled as they did their JOB. The old folks give me a thumbs up and the youngsters think I’m a kook. Just can’t step over it, though. It’s how I was raised.

Last edited: