Is this Sprocket Shot?

Going through my Roper and am trying to decide if this onepiece wheel sprocket is usable. Ran the bike a bit before I took it apart and the chain popped off a bit, but that could have been from a number of things. Usable? Any advice on a good replacement 6" wheel with similar offsets/dimension?

capguncowboy

That's not too awful. If it was a bike I was doing a full restoration on, I'd probably replace it. If it's just one you're wanting to put around on, I'd probably use it until I found a replacement.

It is irrelevant that it is "tubed". When that tire fails and comes apart the tube will not help a bit.
Michael
It will help! I can use it as a tourniquet to slow the bleeding when the tire explodes and I eat a rock- that is if my chain doesn't pop off first.

But seriously, you know a little about Ropers. I think we've come to conclude the tire is shot. The sprocket is shot. Any suggestions on a replacement?

capguncowboy

At least you've got the original to use a template in case you need to make one (or have one made).

I think I remember someone cutting the original sprocket off their bike and welding in a new one, but maybe I dreamed it ? It seems like that'd be a lot of work.

Lots of other companies used wheels/sprockets like that. Bird and ARCO just to name a couple