Is this taco worth restoring?

Someone has this taco they want to sell. It is in rough shape but he says there is no bends that he can see and it doesn't look like there is any non factory welds. I think there is some holes drilled that would need to be filled. I have the rear shocks for it already. I am just wondering if you guys think it has reasonably good bones or not? I am also trying to get an idea on how much one would pay for this bike (in the condition its in) before its considered expensive? taco7.jpg Taco6.jpg taco5.jpg taco4.jpg taco3.jpg taco2.jpg taco1.jpg .

Steve73

I would snatch that taco up if it was near me. I would also buy it for as little as possible like any other vintage :scooter: you find in that condition.

How much is it? To me it depends on the price. Some parts are pretty hard to find like the ceriani shocks. It’s a plus you have the brake and correct rims and the forks don’t look bad at all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much is it? To me it depends on the price. Some parts are pretty hard to find like the ceriani shocks. It’s a plus you have the brake and correct rims and the forks don’t look bad at all!
Hey, stop selling this bike to him. It's a POS. That's why I've PM'd him and told him I'd buy it off of him as a gesture of good will, if he didn't want it. :laugh:

this can be saved $200 would be a good price....$300 max
I'd have gone higher, and you're right. Brake and wheels right off the bat. "Cept we're not supposed to openly cite value. I guess it's okay, because the guy is going to attempt to restore it. It's a 67 44.

Last edited:

sonerenos

I think the listing was asking a little more. It's worth the buy in my opinion. It's not far from me and I should have snagged it. Holidays have my funds tied up.

Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes

In situations like this the question should have been...."How much do you think it will cost me to restore this bike"? Once our members have weighed in with their estimates; then "HE" and only "HE" can determine whether it will be worth it. Ogy

In situations like this the question should have been...."How much do you think it will cost me to restore this bike"? Once our members have weighed in with their estimates; then "HE" and only "HE" can determine whether it will be worth it. Ogy
I agree with that Ogy, but that wasn't what he wanted to know. Very few who come on here with related questions are interested in what it costs to restore, they are interested in what they can flip it for.

In this case, the roller suddenly ended up on a Sacramento Craigslist page for sale with no price attached, or for trade for a running mini bike. I don't see it now, but it was there right after this thread. So I guess it wasn't going to be restored at all.

Personally, I don't know why estimates of value aren't allowed. No offense intended to anyone, but it would be beneficial to see what others think of value for given machines, and what those machines end up selling for.

This would be superior to a person wrongly asking "what is it worth," or "is it worth restoring" and then the entire conversation going to PM's.