J57 Little's UberRoper

• yes

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

j57little

Getting a Predator with a Comet-type torque converter to fit on a Roper is a real challenge. The rear risers have been cut out and are replaced with pipes to allow more clearance. Once the welding is done, the upper bars will be modified to allow for a fuel tank that mounts on a center pipe. With these modifications out of the way the rest gets much easier.

Attachments

j57little

I am a novice TIG welder, so while my welds may not be pretty they seem to be structurally sound. The predator engine is ready to go with throttle plate, added and governor removed. The biggest problem is the triple tree. I couldn't find anything that suits my needs so I made one using 3/16 steel plate and lock collars.

There's still quite a bit of fabrication to do, especially under the area where the seat will meet the tank. And since I want to use a Comet-style torque converter, the engine will have to be raised on a platform for clearance. But so far, so good.

j57little

The custom triple tree is now done. I'm making a custom seat, starting with a fiberglass seat pan. And finally I'm doing some of the last dry fitting.
IMG_3811.jpg
IMG_3764.jpg IMG_3826.jpg IMG_3827.jpg
IMG_3829.jpg

In addition to major frame modifications to make the Predator motor fir the Roper frame, I made a 2-inch platform for the motor to provide clearance for the torque converter.
IMG_3721.jpg
For some reason my wife wasn't happy with my choice for the dry fit assembly area...At least its now starting to warm up enough so that I can move back to the garage.

Attachments

Last edited: