John Fitzgerald Kennedy, May 29, 1917 – November 22, 1963.

Thank you @Tom S.

God bless him.

That took me back for a moment.

I was five years old, living in a DC suburb...we were out in the street playing, when my mother came to the door crying...

It was my first realization that the world was other than pure.

Last edited:

Mr. Pink

@Tom S.
When I saw your post my first thought was "JFK wasn’t a Governor".

JFK Governor.jpeg

When I was a kid, I can remember my grandmother telling me “that is why Sears no longer sells cap guns”.

A while back, I had some time before a return flight home from Boston and went to the JFK Library and Museum.
This facility and the Flight 93 National Memorial I highly recommend EVERYONE visit.

Thanks for posting this Tom. It brought up some old memories that were all but forgotten.

I can add a story to this. I still have a copy of the local paper from the next morning with the headlines. I remember it happened, but I didn't pay any attention. I wish I had. Anyway, my high school auto shop teacher was an air force retiree after 22 years. He was a VW genius. He was stationed in Germany and went to the VW factory school. They learned that he was a C-130 flight engineer instructor and put him to work teaching. He could make a flat 4 bug sing. He also built a very nasty flat six for his son in law that had a Porsche 914-6. It was a rocket ship. They had a VW only class at the local dirt track. They ran lap times almost as fast as the big cars that ran V-8's.

He was in charge of the motor pool in 1963. On that fateful day he had breakfast with JFK. He told me that he asked him more than once about putting the bubble on the car since there was a threat on his life, but he refused each time. The rest of the story is history...

He said they rotated the motorcade from base to base every 6 weeks back then to prevent familiarity. It just happened to be his motor pools turn. He told me the Lincoln was turbo charged and it was fast as hell. It wouldn't run over 100 but it would get there in the blink of an eye.

He also told me about the Mustang motorcycles and how they were everywhere overseas on bases.

He was a character that I will never forget. Taught me a lot of things. Oddly enough he made me take second year twice. He said I didn't need first year with the amount of experience that I had. I got in trouble with the assistant Principal and was forbid from parking on school grounds for 1 month. What had happened is that another wild haired Indian had spun the tires and roared the exhaust exiting the school grounds. The road went straight away from the classrooms, and it could get loud. I got stuck with it and since my father was in the used car business, I just drove a different car to school every day... Until I got caught the middle of the third week of the 4 and told the assistant principal that I had brought it in to work on it. He picked up the phone and called back to the shop. I told him I didn't know if he knew about it. And he covered for me and got me off the hook. I got a good old military style butt chewing the next morning in shop class. But I didn't get in trouble.

I don't remember the name of the apparatus but it's the balloon sling that they retrieve downed pilots with. He said he got strapped in that thing and was sitting on the ground with his feet straight out in front of him. The 130 flew over and scooped him up. His comment was that once was enough. We also had a gentleman that worked the front office that was a retired FBI agent. The Athletic director was Jerry Waters. He went on to some kind of fame and fortune in sports. No clue what as I absolutely hated sports. I was 6 foot 2 and 245 in high school but I wouldn't play football. Got harassed for 4 years. I was far more interested in going home and working at the car lot. Making money and learning. In my senior year the same assistant principal suspended me for one day. Just so happened that the suspension was on a Thursday. I went to Darlington to Clanton's Auto Auction (right next door to Darlington Speedway) and bought a 1971 Mustang coupe and a 1971 Cougar, both from the same seller. I paid $900.00 each for them. Drove them home and did the normal routine maintenance before putting them on the front line. Sold both of them before the next Thursday for $1800 each. It was a good day.

Last edited:
Great story from a much simpler time. Although I think the JFK assassination was an ominous preview of current times.
Totally agree. I have often wondered what the world would be like if he had lived. You talk to different historians and get different takes on what "could have been". And sadly, we will never know the truth about the event. I read just last week that the people in the know in JFK's inner circle were afraid of Johnson for fear of this very thing. The article talked about Johnson already being on Air Force One when the crew returned to it in Dallas. And Jackie O attended his coronation on board Air Force One in the very blood-stained cloths that she was wearing in the parade car. It said her staff offered her a change of clothes, but she refused. Johnson rushed everything through because he believed the country could not be without a leader

IF we knew the truth about what really happens, we would all be concerned.

Same with MLK. Would he have made a positive or a negative effect on today's world? Again, different historians tell different "what if's" about him.

I don't know how influential these two could have been in their own ways, but I know the ones we have on all levels from the top to the bottom make me say HMMM... how did we get here???

A tidbit about absolute power. I was told by several people at different times that in Charleston County the Coroner was the most powerful man in the county. He could clear the area of everyone if he saw fit. I have no idea about other places but that's the way in Charleston County.

pomfish

Nah, JFK wouldn't need an Epstein, had to beat them away with clubs as as it was and didn't have to pay like Epstein.
As far as Clinton, Monica owes him big for all her money and fame. Her Mom was in on getting Clinton, who else saves a "stained" dress "just in case"
She plays the victim all the way to the bank.

Difference is if the internet existed, JFK would have easily been exposed as would all public figures and athletes.
Back in the Golden age, photographers were easily paid off and got exclusive access in trade which is really the way it should be,

Think of all the bands that probably never would have made it big, KISS comes to mind, If I knew at age 15 that they were really old scraggy guys some of who didn't even play on their own recordings, no effing way would I have joined the KISS Army.

Alice Cooper would have been identified and stalked., Etc.

On the plus side, maybe someone would have been bold/lucky to expose the old closet dresser J. Edgar Hoover and put his azz in place.
Nixon?
See ya, moles would have exposed his Psycho double dealing mind.

Anyway good food for thought.

Who/What else would have been caught?

Thanks for explaining my thoughts….too bad you’re wrong again…..he was a pervert just like Epstein….and a whore like Clinton….that’s what I meant….

pomfish

I knew what you meant and you are right on all counts.
All those guys would have been pals and met at the island.

Bill doesn't like the whore term.
He says Men are studs when Promiscuous or so I've heard :)

SAS289

Thanks for explaining my thoughts….too bad you’re wrong again…..he was a pervert just like Epstein….and a whore like Clinton….that’s what I meant….
I think what you brought up is only a small piece of a much bigger picture. Similarly, there were other things that went on in the 1960's besides JFK, not always scandal, that have left a legacy that remains with us to this very day.