John Louis Racing ? ?

markus

what is the plate or decal just in front of the seat on the top engine mount plate? the wheels have a later 1970's/80's style to them. it is very cool and alot of the parts looks very salvageable/savable could do a pretty light "resto" make for a killer display bike!! I looked in the mini bike guide mags, They pushed speedway racing for a couple months, the bikes they featured were Carablela and Jawa though, and they were more competition oriented.

I hope you can find more info out, and maybe get some more detailed photo's up when you start working on it, very cool to see oddities like that!!

With reference to the two smaller decals, They address that this is a John Louis Bike, and manufactured by WoodhouseCornish, with an address of Station Hill Bury St. Edmunds, 67951, and designed by P. Cornish. I googling John Louis I get a lot on the individual as a racer but can find nothing about this bike.

Thank you so much Markus, That was what I was looking for. From reading all, I think I have a Mark4 but with a padded seat. The front headset and two forks have standard zikr fittings, seems that maybe I should leave the bike as is rather then mess with it with about 1,300 having been made. I guess it will be a wall hanger.

markus

Thank you so much Markus, That was what I was looking for. From reading all, I think I have a Mark4 but with a padded seat. The front headset and two forks have standard zikr fittings, seems that maybe I should leave the bike as is rather then mess with it with about 1,300 having been made. I guess it will be a wall hanger.
No problem, ezy-breezy once that manufacturers info was was found. Never seen anything like it so it was fun to learn something new this morning about them :thumbsup: I agree it would make a really good collectible.... Looks more complete than the one that in the museum :thumbsup:

The upside is that I still have the decals and seat cover, downside is someone in the past has painted over the original blue with a rattle can that was darker. Thank you again Markus. I will take more pictures of what I consider the oddities of the Bike and post them.