Just got home with a mini

I just got home from picking this bike up. It is night time, not sure how good pics are.

Kickstand is on the other side betwwen engine and rear tire.

Thanks,
Kevin - Hillsboro, OH

Morning light pics.

Comparing the 3rd pic to the 'Ruppster' bike, his is different than mine. The 3rd pic shows what looks to be a brake (caliper style) hole and 2 smaller holes for the mounting of the brake mech. I am an UNTRAINED person. I am trying to identify characteristics of the bikes. I see many similarities to the Roper, just that 3rd pic is throwing me off. Any clarification explanation to the 3rd pic to help me understand it?

The story, I paid $50 for it from a trashman that collected it on his route. He was going to scrap it but decided to try and sell it. I gave him my number in case he comes across something else that might interest me:)

Thanks,
Kevin - Hillsboro, OH

PS: I'll post the pic of the Lamborguini that we passed on our drive. Son insisted on taking the pic. Myself, I rather have a Ferrari.

It is a Sears Roper. That is the rear disc brake mount in your third pic. The wheel would be flipped so that the sprocket was on the other side. The brake caliper would use the sprocket as the disc. It would have used a jack shaft to drive the rear wheel. Is that a drum brake on the rear wheel? Might not be the original rear wheel.

Last edited:
It is a Sears Roper. That is the rear disc brake mount in your third pic. The wheel would be flipped so that the sprocket was on the other side. The brake caliper would use the sprocket as the disc. It would have used a jack shaft to drive the rear wheel. Looks like someone added the drum brake. Might not be the original rear wheel.
Is that on the Ruppsters Sears-Roper bike in 'Projects' ? I'll have to contact Ruppster to give me leads on parts :) I made a goal for myself and site.. Complete my Atlas project and become a supporting member as the reward.

Thanks everyone for giving me the correct answer!

Kevin - Hillsboro, OH 45133

Is that on the Ruppsters Sears-Roper bike in 'Projects' ? I'll have to contact Ruppster to give me leads on parts :) I made a goal for myself and site.. Complete my Atlas project and become a supporting member as the reward.

Thanks everyone for giving me the correct answer!

Kevin - Hillsboro, OH 45133
No, He has a different brake set up on his. You could have had the disc brake, jack shaft band brake or even a scrub brake on a Roper.