Just picked this one up today

Charles...I got one of those with 10" wheels last year, it was very squirrely to the point of dangerous on the road. After much work and expense the steering is much better, it's actually possible to take one hand off the handlebars without a crash. Just wanted to share my experience with you. They refused to let me ride it in the parking lot before purchasing, now I know why!

Last edited:
Charles...I got one of those with 10" wheels last year, it was very squirrely to the point of dangerous on the road. After much work and expense the steering is much better, it's actually possible to take one hand off the handlebars without a crash. Just wanted to share my experience with you. They refused to let me ride it in the parking lot before purchasing, now I know why!
Thanks for the warning!

Looks good! Synthetic oil may cause the multi-plate wet clutch to slip. Pitster Pro makes a couple of 125cc CT knockoffs; I've thought about buying the less expensive one and replacing the front fender with a high-mount fender (CT looks better w/ high fender, IMO); 50 state EPA and DOT approved, front disc brake. $1,499 including shipping from T Bolt USA.

.: Pitster Pro :. - Street Retro/Classic *Models

https://tboltusa.com/store/pitster-pro-classic-125-p-932.html
Thanks Charles! I used Honda brand oil for street bikes.

The bike will handle smooth if you do this...
1 Extend handlebars 8" wider.
2 Make longer clutch & throttle cables.
3 Replace rubber swing arm bushings with solid brass bushings.
4 Install hydraulic steering damper.
5 Install 12" front wheel & large heavy scooter tire.
6 Make caliper bracket for front disc.
7 Install high mount fender to clear 12" tire.
8 Make 2 1/2" fork extensions.
9 (Optional) Add bike speedometer calibrated for tire radius.
After all this the bike will be a pleasure to ride on the road!!!

I lost the registration and can't find it anywhere:shrug: Now I have to go thru the process of applying for a duplicate.:doah: I just installed the new heavier shocks on the the rear and that's what I get. I wanted to go for a cruise around downtown Windber and the surrounding area with some of the other members that have similar bikes, we'll see.

Owen, in SC if you go to the DMV they will provide a duplicate for a fee and put it in your hand right there for an additional fee. Like $20.00 extra. Hope this helps..... I know you aren't in SC but just ask at the DMV and see.

Doug

Like Gumpit said if it was ever registered with the state there is a record of the serial number in the system. You might have to pay to have it searched but its there. I have a friend that found his 64 1/2 mustang convertible that he had sold almost 30 years earlier by searching the serial number through every state in the southeast.

If its in the system it can be found.

Doug