Just picked up a nice Survivor Trailhorse frame, now I have questions

capguncowboy

I just picked this up tonight. I had to squeeze it in last minute before I took off for Windber. ID Plate says it's a GTO 100. It has the original kickstand (I think it's original). Seat appears to be original as well.

What wheels would this have had? Steel? What engine? It's missing one of the footpegs, but I know where I can get one. I have a set of grips for it already, and I have a '69 H35 that came off another trailhorse I can throw on it. A chain guard might be difficult to find. Did this have a headlight/taillight? I see the mounts for them. Fenders?

This thing is in really nice shape overall. The paint is nice and bright but needs to be cleaned up a little. The decals are in nice and bright. Is it worth tracking down the right parts or should I just take it to Windber and trade it for something?

Incorrect Izzy. The Wards bikes had those so a TH could have had it. A 100 would have had steel wheels. 5" I believe. No lights or fenders. Small frame Tec and a clutch brake. Very nice!

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]

Last edited:
The Trail Horse GTO 100 came with 4 inch steel wheels and the kickstand is a piece of round steel stock with a bend on the end it fits behind the left foot peg where the frame makes the bend up .... the mount kind of looks like a washer ground flat on one side and welded on the 100% original GTO100 survivor bike I have ... but who knows what they did when they built it ..... but it looks like an add on to me

markus

The Trail Horse GTO 100 came with 4 inch steel wheels and the kickstand is a piece of round steel stock with a bend on the end it fits behind the left foot peg where the frame makes the bend up .... the mount kind of looks like a washer ground flat on one side and welded on the 100% original GTO100 survivor bike I have ... but who knows what they did when they built it ..... but it looks like an add on to me
not all of them had built in kickstand (that goes for just about the entire lineup) Not sure if its a late or early thing with those bikes, but the first brochures don't show kickstands at all on bikes.

Agreed Markus. The parts breakdown I have shows both kickstands but they appear on different models.

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]

According to the Service Manual and Parts List I have either kick stand was available on all models. There are three asterisks after the item description of each kick stand. The asterisk description says, *** If applicable.

Then looking at my brochures for the Trail Blazer it shows the bolt on kick stands either mounted towards the front or the back of the engine plate, depending on the model.

My Wards TH had a stand that mounted towards the front and it barely stuck out, it was the original stand. I'd be willing to buy that frame and forks if you decide to sell, I could use another G/A to build a rider from plus I have a new jackshaft and 2 1/2" brake puck and band to make a killer brake for it.

Andrew....you da man !!!

A HUGE Thanks to Andrew for getting this unbelievable survivor to me safe and sound (and even threw in a surprise.....what a great guy) !!! The paint and condition of it is amazing to say the least. I'm pretty excited to get this bad boy assembled , I have accrued all the correct parts to get this bike together soon, & engine is ready to go as well :thumbsup:

Stay tuned :smile: