Just picked up my lifan(Honda clone)!!!!

I finally worked up the Courage to go to harbor freight get a clone engine its a 6.5 hp lifan.....I see a hole good for a cable for throttle but im not sure I would love some pictures of these engines ungoverned cable setup!! Thanks :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Jleon

Not very good as I expected, but I removed the gov spring and cut the gov arm and use a brake cable stop through one of the existing holes in the stock linkage. My throttle cable is hooked to the original throttle arm. I did this so I could hook it all back stock some day. All I cut was the gov wire. Hope this makes sense.

hahaha jleon if your picture was just a little bigger then i could get a whole feel for what im in for i haven't taken it apart yet but im planning on it so your written directions might work but some bigger pics would help a lot!!!! Thanks for what you have posted so far!!

Jleon

I think these are a little better. I cut the rod from the gov to the carb butterfly so I could slide the brass cable stop onto the cut rod and removed the small gov spring. There is a hole in the existing throttle linkage that worked just great. I may have had to ream it out a wee bit-can't remember.