Kickstand

T-Town Mini

I finally got a kickstand for the MX! No more blocks of wood, stands or milk-crate needed to park my bike anymore. :001_cool:

After reading this thread earlier: (http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/general-minibike-talk/119575-kick-stand-chain-tensioner.html) I was inspired to shop on ebay for something suitable to use on my Bonanza. The clamp-on styles illustrated in that thread looked pretty cool but, I wanted something more old-school.

The one I got was called a BMX kickstand (used, $11.50) and it looked to be long enough to use on the MX. When I got it...it was indeed long enough...too long actually. So, I cut the end off then measured and took a guess at what length would work. With the aid of some heat from a torch, a vice and, a BFH I re-bent the kickstand and proceeded to mount it on the bike's engine plate. It worked!

It gives the bike just the right amount of lean to stay upright on level ground and, it's even better when used on turf. I know, it's such a small thing but it makes me happy to finally have the kickstand. :laugh: It gives me a sense of freedom not to be forced to return to a stand to park it anymore...I can go anywhere now.

I just finished installing OldMiniBikes universal stand on an old Manco mini I'm redoing. I can't be more happy with the way it works and the ease of installation. I also used a little self adhesive 3M bumper to keep it from chipping the paint.

BTW...T-Town, you have one beautiful bike there.

Manco Kick Stand 2 comp.jpg

T-Town Mini

Thanks for the comments....the topic is anything and all things Kickstand so feel free to post away on what you got or whatever you use to stand your Minibike.

I had to rework the bend in the kickstand after I went for a ride through the neighborhood last week. I rode for less than a mile but it was enough to get the engine thoroughly heated up. After I pulled into the backyard I stood the bike on it's new kickstand and admired it there for a bit before storing it back in the garage. Once it was on the concrete floor of the garage and on level ground it would not stay standing upright. WTF!

Somehow, the heat from the engine caused a problem with the kickstand...since it was mounted on the engine plate...it no longer worked as before. It was now too long to work. I couldn't believe it but it happened. I took the kickstand off and put it back in the vice to start all over again. I managed to get it looking acceptable and cut the excess off the end...it's now 1/2" shorter than before.

I guess having the Predator engine offset so much to the opposite side put the bike's center of gravity off. :shrug:

At least it's painted now.