kickstand

Hello,

I am in need of some kind of kickstand that I can make work on my Fox Doodlebug. I bought one of the universal weld on deals from OldMiniBikes warehouse, but I can't see any way of mounting it that it would work. It seems that the originals are nowhere to be found, so I am open to ideas. Let me know if you have anything that might work,
Thanks,
Jeremy

george3

Hello,

I am in need of some kind of kickstand that I can make work on my Fox Doodlebug. I bought one of the universal weld on deals from OldMiniBikes warehouse, but I can't see any way of mounting it that it would work. It seems that the originals are nowhere to be found, so I am open to ideas. Let me know if you have anything that might work,
Thanks,
Jeremy
what does oem look like?

To tell you the truth, I'm not exactly sure, I've yet to see one. Scottessy got one from another member I had contacted, I'll see if he can supply a pic...

Message - Old Mini Bikes Photo Gallery

Thanks for the link! I didn't think about looking at the ads. The kickstand would be just like the one in this ad. I think they're a little unique because they bolt to the engine plate between the frame and the lip on the engine plate.

edit: the one in the ad looks to have a single tube down from the neck, mine has 2 tubes, but I still think the kickstand would be the same

george3

Message - Old Mini Bikes Photo Gallery

Thanks for the link! I didn't think about looking at the ads. The kickstand would be just like the one in this ad. I think they're a little unique because they bolt to the engine plate between the frame and the lip on the engine plate.

edit: the one in the ad looks to have a single tube down from the neck, mine has 2 tubes, but I still think the kickstand would be the same

Red, Here is a pic of the type of kickstand that the Fox Campus and Doodlebug used. You are correct when you say that they are not to be found. Occasionally one comes up on ebay but not very often. Ogy

Last edited:

Scottessey

the one in the ad looks to have a single tube down from the neck, mine has 2 tubes, but I still think the kickstand would be the same
Hi Jeremy, Ogy's pic is the one I have. I also have the two tubes that run under the engine plate. There is a mount that it's supposed to bolt onto that goes under our engine plate. I haven't seen what our original mount is supposed to look like. However, Ogy did send me some pics of how his single-tube setups mount, so I know what we need. Maybe we'll get lucky and someone will have a pic of the original mount for the dual-tube model. I plan to fabricate the mount and would be happy to make up an extra if you'd like one. :thumbsup:

I think I might also need to add some length to the leg since the Trailbug has bigger tires and is a little higher off the ground. :doah:

Red, Here is a pic of the type of kickstand that the Fox Campus and Doodlebug used. You are correct when you say that they are not to be found. Occasionally one comes up on ebay but not very often. Ogy
Hi Jeremy, Ogy's pic is the one I have. I also have the two tubes that run under the engine plate. There is a mount that it's supposed to bolt onto that goes under our engine plate. I haven't seen what our original mount is supposed to look like. However, Ogy did send me some pics of how his single-tube setups mount, so I know what we need. Maybe we'll get lucky and someone will have a pic of the original mount for the dual-tube model. I plan to fabricate the mount and would be happy to make up an extra if you'd like one. :thumbsup:
Thanks ogy and Scott for posting up the pictures, I will see what I end up with here and will be in touch if I need the mount:thumbsup:

Scott/Ogy do you think the one in the Hershey posting that useng pointed out is for the 2 tube doodlebug, it looks as if it was made to work with them?

Look at page 2 of the Hershey PA swap meet thread in the event section. Is that the kickstand for the two tube frame?
I think that might be the one, it looks like it would fit between the frame and the lip of the engine plate!

Scott/Ogy do you think the one in the Hershey posting that useng pointed out is for the 2 tube doodlebug, it looks as if it was made to work with them?

I think that might be the one, it looks like it would fit between the frame and the lip of the engine plate!
Not sure... I wonder if any of our other Fox owners that have the dual front posts found theirs with a kickstand. :shrug:

delray

here is a nos replacement kick stand for a fox bike(what i was told by a guy that sold fox's in the early 70's) that looks very close to scott and ogy's pictures. the only real differents is the mounting flange has a bend in it? it still carrys the same part number 4515 that scott has on his flange and stamp on the kick stand is atwood-butler,ind. pat.pend.c-9-3919

Mac

....there's a lot of different shaped kickstands floating around,
some were even from old bicycles.

A little heat and a heavy hammer can adapt them.