kids Homemade Mini Bike

Who cares whether or not it's a home build? The kid is getting his hands dirty and not having Daddy do all the work, plus he's having fun.

'Nuff said.

I think some of are teenage members on this site are jealous of him, This kid knows more than they do about minibikes!
Yeah he knows about all the external parts. But does know how the gap the points, clean the valves and the inside of the cilinder. How the carborator works and how to gap the magneto correctly. I doubt it so I'm not jealous at all. The kid still did a great job and reminds me what i was like when i was 9 or 10.

Yeah he knows about all the external parts. But does know how the gap the points, clean the valves and the inside of the cilinder. How the carborator works and how to gap the magneto correctly. I doubt it so I'm not jealous at all. The kid still did a great job and reminds me what i was like when i was 9 or 10.
minibikedude: I think you hit that nerve you were looking for. :lol::clap:

edwin

You hear people all the time say they are building a motorcycle, building a car, a truck or a mini bike, it's a figure of speech, give the kid a break, It was nice seeing a kid with greasey hands instead of some video game in them. The helmet was good, I never let my kids ride anything without a helmet, now he should go put some long pants on and some boots.
and dont forget, i think more important than boots, gloves, usually the first thing i put down in a wreck. other than a collar bone. haha

Some of ya'll are being mighty silly. The kid never claimed to have fabricated the frame. He even says that the bike was his dad's 40 yrs ago. The point is that he and his dad took an old frame and made a working minibike, same as many of us do here. I applaud the kid, and his dad.

I am restoring (building) a '69 Bonanza with my 10 yr old kid, I hope he learns a bunch from it. We are going to try to rebuild the old 3HP Briggs flat-head it came with. I am hoping to teach my son some basic small engine repair too, clean the carb, tighten the choke rivet, clean and reset the points, change plug, wire a kill switch, recoil the starter, clean the head/valves up.... all just basic stuff, but all stuff 90% of Americans can no longer do themselves.

Some of ya'll are being mighty silly. The kid never claimed to have fabricated the frame. He even says that the bike was his dad's 40 yrs ago. The point is that he and his dad took an old frame and made a working minibike, same as many of us do here. I applaud the kid, and his dad.

I am restoring (building) a '69 Bonanza with my 10 yr old kid, I hope he learns a bunch from it. We are going to try to rebuild the old 3HP Briggs flat-head it came with. I am hoping to teach my son some basic small engine repair too, clean the carb, tighten the choke rivet, clean and reset the points, change plug, wire a kill switch, recoil the starter, clean the head/valves up.... all just basic stuff, but all stuff 90% of Americans can no longer do themselves.
Make sure to have him hold the spark plug wire while you pull the start rope so he can have some fun with his unsuspecting buddies.

you got that wright,turftech 1
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING. Any kid can sit there and point out the brake cable and the gas tank. But I do give him credit cuz if u look at the other vids on his channel, he has some other interesting stuff that him and his dad made like a ghetto hovercraft and a pretty nifty electric go cart. And no, us kids are not jelous, ever since i got into mini bikes in september, Iv'e been researching every corner of the web and reading books on small engines and minibikes. I probably know more than this kid.

it is a cool mini bike though..

yo, all the people that are saying, "so what, he knows what a brake cable is." need to chill out. You cant learn the inside of an engine or carb until you know the basic functions and the parts that are outside. Did any of you just know what all the parts were and how they worked right away? Doubt it. i actually dont doubt it. I KNOW that you didnt know the ins and outs the first day you saw an engine. AWKWARDKITTEN. If you know so much why do you have a thread asking if you need to rejet after and exhaust install? and bonanza bryan, you know so muchmore then this kid, who is clearly younger then you, why do you need help removing a shock from your minibike? All im saying is if everyone(that commented) knows so much more about this stuff then the kid in the video, what are you doing on this website? Everyone starts somewhere and that kid know more then some members on this site. Give him the credit he deserves.

OK OK i see where you are coming from, but I didnt put him down or anything, I gave him credit, and he also has alot of other cool stuff on his youtube channel. Now I wasn't saying I was the MASTER of minibikes or engines or anything. And yes what you are saying is correct, no one can se a minibike and instantly know all of the external and internal parts. THAT'S WHY WE HAVE FORUMS LIKE THIS TO ASK QUESTIONS ON!

And yes I am jealous of his great looking mini bike, but I'm not sure what else there is to be jealous of...
And now that I think about it, I think its funny that we have made such a big deal about this....

yo, all the people that are saying, "so what, he knows what a brake cable is." need to chill out. You cant learn the inside of an engine or carb until you know the basic functions and the parts that are outside. Did any of you just know what all the parts were and how they worked right away? Doubt it. i actually dont doubt it. I KNOW that you didnt know the ins and outs the first day you saw an engine. AWKWARDKITTEN. If you know so much why do you have a thread asking if you need to rejet after and exhaust install? and bonanza bryan, you know so muchmore then this kid, who is clearly younger then you, why do you need help removing a shock from your minibike? All im saying is if everyone(that commented) knows so much more about this stuff then the kid in the video, what are you doing on this website? Everyone starts somewhere and that kid know more then some members on this site. Give him the credit he deserves.
I was pulling a shock out of a very old Bonanza. I wanted to know how it was done because it was my first bike and I wanted to make sure that I didn't screw the spring up. I also gave him credit too. So stop thinking that you know so much more. You have no room to talk. You your self are asking questions about exaust pipes, mod's and lots more. Again you have no room to talk.

OK OK i see where you are coming from, but I didnt put him down or anything, I gave him credit, and he also has alot of other cool stuff on his youtube channel. Now I wasn't saying I was the MASTER of minibikes or engines or anything. And yes what you are saying is correct, no one can se a minibike and instantly know all of the external and internal parts. THAT'S WHY WE HAVE FORUMS LIKE THIS TO ASK QUESTIONS ON!
You took the words out of my mouth.