Kill switch wiring question??

chrisr

If one brake wire is the light and the other the ground, how does the light get brighter when the brake switch is activated? Do 2 wires attach to the one brake light wire?
If the brake light assembly is a brake and light for nighttime (non-brake) it would need to be a dual filament lightbulb with three wires (one for the brake, non-brake and ground and/or the lightbulb assembly is the ground).

If the brake light assembly is a brake and light for nighttime (non-brake) it would need to be a dual filament lightbulb with three wires (one for the brake, non-brake and ground and/or the lightbulb assembly is the ground).
That makes sense to me. What doesn’t make sense is that a tail light maker would make a rear light that only lights up and doesn’t indicate when brakes are being applied.

Here is a factory wiring diagram for the 3 amp lighting coils. One coil goes thru sw to headlamp and tailight and the other goes to the braklight filament thru the brake switch. View attachment 287029
Thanks a lot. That’s a big help! I just saved your schematic via screen shot. That way I can blow it up with my fingers. Unfortunately, I only have a cell phone to view this stuff. I no longer have a computer.