Kits by Heald YardBronc TR-10 lawnmower

After I sat the motor in I put a jack stand under the rear of it and found one hub broke so I had to locate one found one on eBay while waiting for that to get here I moved to the deck and pulled the top cover off to find a big hornets nest.

Attachments

Ok the hub came in so I pulled the rearend out prolly didn’t need too but I was gonna open it up cuz off the shifter being weird. I drained the diff fluid and installed the new hub and while it was out I figured I’d put new brake pads in.

Attachments

Then I got it back together and pulled the headlight switch and the headlights came on I was shocked they came on. Then I installed the deck and I cut some grass it cuts grass excellent but still need to figure out the weird shifter part of it but all in all it’s a beast of a mower nothing cheap on this one

Attachments

Well I finally went threw the transmission and everything looked good inside so I tore the shifter cup apart and that’s where the problem was the center pin broke and wore out the groove inside the cup so had to order a new pin and cup also ordered a new clogged style belt for the deck as the regular v belts would just burn up. Also installed a new dipstick seal and added the flex pipe to the muffler and ran it out the rear it’s close but it clears everything. Everything is properly working and functioning great now should last another 40 plus years

Attachments

Harquebus

I just found this thread (because you bumped it). Great repair and no funny "restoration" business going on, just keeping it as-is. The only thing I would address is the underside of the deck maybe. Grind and paint, perhaps.

Is there another thread about it? Feels like I started reading in the middle of it all.

Love the way they designed that deck and that belt arrangement. Any and all old riding mowers are neat anyway and built or overbuilt compared to mowers today.

You take good photographs... or it was just an accident that they're all in focus and composed well.. ;)