KV75 Added to the stable

Ok all, the wife and I decided to work on a resto/repair project together and I found this locally on eBay. The good news is that I added some fuel and it started right up. The bad news is the tank has JB weld over two holes and it leaks, original carb is missing as well as the air box. I realize now those three items are hard to find! Anyway, here it is. I hope we can afford to fix it up as close to stock/original as possible. If not, it will be a custom job!

IMG_1532.JPG

IMG_1531.JPG

1971_MB1A

Looks pretty nice. JB Weld and or most other gas tank leak repair usually never works for long term use. I usually clean them very well then braze or solder them then body filler etc. I've had quite a few of those in several different years/colors etc but now I'm down to just an orange one that looks rough but runs great and one parts bike.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I need to hone up my brazing/soldering skills. I had to do that to a JR50 tank that had a pinhole leak and I didn't do it right as it only held for a short period. Another thought is to customize it a bit with an aftermarket tank instead. Learning a lot about it for sure!