LED bulb conversion?

Thanks Dave. You are absolutely right. I rechecked that circuit and i had it wrong. Here's a corrected diagram showing ground going to the light and the hot wire being run through the switch. Does this look better?

Attachments

The above wiring diagram with the rectifier will work just fine. On mine I put a 35 to 50 volt electrolityc cap between 1000 to 2000 MFD. across the + - of the DC output but it is not necessary unless you see it pulsing. This pic shows a cap like I use. Electrolytic caps have polarity and if you hook them up backwards they will explode or vent.

Thanks Dave. You are absolutely right. I rechecked that circuit and i had it wrong. Here's a corrected diagram showing ground going to the light and the hot wire being run through the switch. Does this look better?
I was referring to the post before yours as being incorrect on the grounding/switch. Your first schematic would work.

Ole4, is this what you said earlier? You install a diode in one of the AC supply wires, (yellow) with the anode- the straight line on the diode- on the side where the switch is. The yellow off of the switch is then DC positive. Ground comes from the lamp plug via the green wire.

If the LED flickers, install that capacitor with the positive side going to the yellow wire after the diode. The other side of the capacitor would be wired to ground.

?????

I was referring to the post before yours as being incorrect on the grounding/switch. Your first schematic would work.

Ole4, is this what you said earlier? You install a diode in one of the AC supply wires, (yellow) with the anode- the straight line on the diode- on the side where the switch is. The yellow off of the switch is then DC positive. Ground comes from the lamp plug via the green wire.

If the LED flickers, install that capacitor with the positive side going to the yellow wire after the diode. The other side of the capacitor would be wired to ground.

?????
Thanks Dave. The original (incorrect) diagram was also mine. The last diagram I posted shows the correct wiring. BTW, the diagram with the rectifier is also mine.

?????
Dave I am going under the assumption that he has the two coil charging setup. It is not grounded and the output of the coils which is two yellow wires' are AC which go to the two AC input pins on the 4 pin full wave rectifier. The two output pins are marked + and - for the DC. you can ground one to the frame or just wire both positive and negative wires to what you want to power. With a full wave rectifier the pulses of DC are constant so while it is still going from 0 to whatever max voltage it generates the pulses are closer together that's why it may not flicker even without a cap. On the tecumsehs that I did I had to use half wave rectification and that needs the cap to eliminate flicker. Pic of Tec half wave circuit board I made