Letter to Hent and OldMiniBikes Members

There was absolutely no reason to Ban my brother David Wulf from this site. The banding appeared to be in relation to comments he has made concerning when the Windber Contest Ribbons would be sent to contest winners that were not available to receive them Sunday morning in Windber.

David, like myself is a Supporting Member of OldMiniBikes. He is a regular participant of many threads on this site and has always handled himself in a way that does not include the use of profanity, insults, making PM threats to other members and the like. Unlike many members of this forum. He has not broken any published rules on this forum and does not deserve to be banned from the site. He also does not deserve to be the “Winner” of a Witch Hunt thread that was started by the owner of OldMiniBikes. I agree with the post of one our members, “the one who started this tread to stir the pot should be banned.”

I’m going to give y’all a little history of the Windber 2013 Ribbon controversy and posts. Before David and I became involved in Ribbon search, another OldMiniBikes member, friend, and Ribbon winner tried to contact Jeff about the Ribbons after he returned from vacation and did not feel the conversation was getting very far and wasn’t sure if the ribbons would be mailed.

David and I entered the controversy two weeks after Windber, July 1, 2013. I also want to take a minute to tell yall of David’s and my history with Jeff Mihalko. As many of you know I have called Jeff a couple of weeks ago and talked to him about the mailing of Contest Winning Ribbons to those that did not receive them that Sunday morning. I explained in that Thread that Jeff apologized for the lengthy time it has taken and said he had been very busy and would mail them soon, which I thought was very gracious. I also told him that if necessary I would be happy to pay for the mailing of the ribbons if this was an issue. I also want to tell you that I personally hold Jeff Mihalko in high regard. I think he is a smart and successful businessman. This always impresses me. He has put together an annual Mini Bike Event that many on the East and West coast consider to be the Premier Event of the year. The fees for us to participate, eat, and be entertained are far less then he could of charged. I believe he does it each year because of his passion for the attendees and the hobby, but he is also a businessman. This event is coordinated with OldMiniBikes, which I am sure also adds to its success. Lastly, I do not believe that Mr. Mihalko thinks that neither myself or my brother hold any ill will against him.

On to our involvement, ----July 1, 2013. To many it may have seemed “Petty” that we wanted to receive these prizes- ribbons. This is where I think you would have to be a person that has put together a price winning bike to fully appreciate it. The bikes that we brought to Windber were worked on very hard by ourselves and others to be Contest Bikes. You also need to remember that this was a “Paid Contest Event,” those that entered the contest paid $5.00 per entry before the event and $7.00 at the time of the show. We paid $27.00 total. Many may also not know that Jeff donated this money to the local police department, thus the contest was a fun raiser, which I we also fully support. Being an paid organized event of this type, I think that the winners of the contest should have been made public by the event organizers and by OldMiniBikes, due to there involvement in the event.

Next, the subject of “if and when” the ribbons would be mailed became a very talked about issue on the Windber thread. Many members asked if others knew anything about the mailing time. I posted on 7/1/13 my first post on the subject: (See posts below;)

07-01-2013, 01:12 PM
Replies: 1,842
Poll: Windber Minibike Reunion 2013
Views: 71,354
Posted By JesseWulf
Windber Contest

Hey guys, I was wondering if the winners of the bike building contest were ever published, or for that matter known. We left early Sunday morning and were not around for the results. I was under...

David’s first post on the subject was also on this date:

07-01-2013, 03:37 PM
Replies: 1,842
Poll: Windber Minibike Reunion 2013
Views: 71,233
Posted By David wulf
Buck i told him his junk didn't win anything ,...

Buck i told him his junk didn't win anything , but then i thought about it and hell i built his junk .

Some members later posted the names of the winners after viewing a YouTube post and many members, including myself and my brother thanked the poster for this information since no one connected with the contest or OldMiniBikes had posted the results.

Afterwards, on the various threads that talked about the ribbons, David made a grand total of 11 posts on the subject, 7 of which were “ THANKING” other members for information about his and my wins. I on the other hand made 12 post on the subject and they were far more pointed then my brothers, including my carrying of Mini Blue Ribbons to Paul’s FunDay event as; Yes a jester aimed at poking a little fun at our lack of receiving ribbons on the East coast. ( I also want to apologize to Paul and any others at the event that may have seen this in poor taste, especially now. ) I did however think that it was pretty funny.

I’m not sure when this subject became such a SPORT to single David and I out, especially David, for our persistence at obtaining the Ribbons. David did nothing that I or others didn’t do in relation to the question: “Were’s the Ribbons” and consequently shouldn’t be singled out for what I still do not understand is a violation of OldMiniBikes polices. I believe David’s Ban should be lifted and his status as a paid Supporting Member of OldMiniBikes be restored.

Before concluding, I would also like to ask that the management of OldMiniBikes also stop members from making stupid and what could be hurtful remarks to other members, this remark was made recently to myself. I guess you have to consider the member, but it makes my point:

“I'm confused here...
I thought you and your brother were over 12. Is he autistic, Downs Syndrom... something else that you constantly have to come to his defense?
There's just some piece of the puzzle missing here.
About ribbons? Seriously? “

Believe me, I don’t need to come to his defense.

After reading the above, if Drew feels there is need to also Ban me, so be it. Supporting Member or not I will continue to visit the site for useful information about the hobby and to keep up with my friends. This site can be a great resource to our hobby, if it is treated with respect by our members and management, and conducted in a serious manor like other forums on the web. I would also suggest that since money is being collected to be a member of the site, that polices concerning “banning” be fully written out for all to view, on every subject, not just “Selling, ” Projects,” and “Events.”

Thanks for your time,

Jesse Wulf

He also does not deserve to be the “Winner” of a Witch Hunt thread that was started by the owner of OldMiniBikes. I agree with the post of one our members, “the one who started this tread to stir the pot should be banned.”

[/I]

Thanks for your time,

Jesse Wulf
Jesse,

You better be careful. I heard the ban hammer is still active! :shrug:

You do realize this is a privately owned forum and they can ban whoever they want for any reason, right? Whining about this kind of stuff is stupid.

Bikerscum

"Believe me, I don’t need to come to his defense."

You always have to come to his defense. It's like a countdown.... 3... 2.... 1

Do you realize the time & effort you have just spent defending him on a minibike forum... over ribbons?

You both are, in my humble opinion, laughing stocks. Others will see it how they see it.

Jessie

I spoke on the phone with David just after his banishment occurred and was shocked to hear this.. I personally thought the Banned thread was directed towards me and another OldMiniBikes member who's name I will not mention.
I appreciate you taking the time to stand up for your brother as he can not speak for himself..
We all need to take a time out and let the management review his situation.
The more members that get involved it seems the hotter the situation is going to get..
Having had my share of confrontations I want to appeal to the rest of the OldMiniBikes membership to PLEASE stay out of this thread give the management a chance to review David's case.
Thank you for listening

So you're saying Jesse should have stayed out of it?
No biker
I guess what I'm trying to say is lets let the management figure this out.
Though Jessie brought this to the open forum and everyone is entitled to there opinion things are starting to get heated and in my experience this is going to blow up before Hent can address it..

Just a thought no disrespect intended.

I've sat back and watched this whole thing from the beginning and haven't said a thing about it because I thought it would have been over after the first time Dave made a comment about not getting his ribbon.

This is where I think you would have to be a person that has put together a price winning bike to fully appreciate it.
So was that the only reason you guys build your bikes? To win ribbons?? I'm sure there were many other bikes there that the builders put many hours into that were well deserved of being a "prize winning bike" and could have won a ribbon but they aren't whining about not winning one.

You also need to remember that this was a “Paid Contest Event,” those that entered the contest paid $5.00 per entry before the event and $7.00 at the time of the show. We paid $27.00 total.
So what your saying is since you guys paid your $27 and won that you deserve the ribbon. Your whining about the money that you guys spent that was donated to the Police and Fire Dept. which was the whole point of the fee anyways????

I’m not sure when this subject became such a SPORT to single David and I out
It's because you guys are whining about ribbons on another members thread.

:shrug:

Last edited:

KB2ROCKET

I haven't been following this at all but if he is owed a ribbon then send it to him . It seems like people are upset because because you cant embarrass him into forgetting that he is still owed his prize .. if their was an agreement then follow through is the right course of action ..... yall do what you want I just felt this needed to be said

I haven't been following this at all but if he is owed a ribbon then send it to him . It seems like people are upset because because you cant embarrass him into forgetting that he is still owed his prize .. if their was an agreement then follow through is the right course of action ..... yall do what you want I just felt this needed to be said
Then he should have kept that between himself and Jeff. It had nothing to do with OldMiniBikes.

I think getting Jeff involved any more would be ridiculous. I think the last thing we need is for Jeff to BAN everyone from his event and call it quits. Everyone has spoken their mind and this too shall pass.... If you cant give it a rest. Maybe you need another hobby because you are taking this one too seriously....Now get on those minis and ride:scooter::scooter::scooter::scooter::scooter::scooter:

"Believe me, I don’t need to come to his defense."

You always have to come to his defense. It's like a countdown.... 3... 2.... 1

Do you realize the time & effort you have just spent defending him on a minibike forum... over ribbons?

You both are, in my humble opinion, laughing stocks. Others will see it how they see it.
Jesse, I do not always agree with Bikerscum, however, in this case he is simply stating what I believe that many other OldMiniBikes members must be thinking (MYSELF INCLUDED) but were not as forthright in posting. Really and truly, you are digging yourself a bigger and bigger hole the more you post on this subject- LET IT GO.
Michael

Bikerscum

Before concluding, I would also like to ask that the management of OldMiniBikes also stop members from making stupid and what could be hurtful remarks to other members, this remark was made recently to myself. I guess you have to consider the member, but it makes my point:

“I'm confused here...
I thought you and your brother were over 12. Is he autistic, Downs Syndrom... something else that you constantly have to come to his defense?
There's just some piece of the puzzle missing here.
About ribbons? Seriously? “

Thanks for your time,

Jesse Wulf
You want a stop to "stupid & hurtful remarks"

"I guess you have to consider the member, but it makes my point"

I'm that member, I guess the rules you want don't apply to you.

You and your brother have an entitled attitude, one seat short on musical chairs & your life comes to an end.