Lifan Clone 6.5 Upgrades for more torque and revving...

Hi, I have a NR Racing Stage 1 modified lifan 6.5hp clone. It currently has:

18lb valve springs
rejetted oem carb
honda oem flywheel (not aluminum)
aftermarket air filter
no governor

I'm looking to get more torque, and the ability to safely rev it higher. I've looked over the threads here and came up with a list:

Billet Rod
PVL Aluminum Flywheel
CL1 Cam or BSP Cam....
Honda carburetor
Billet lifters

I'm kind of new to cams for these engines and really just want to find one that won't need stiffer valve springs. I've never worked on valves in 4 cycles and really don't feel like messing with what NR racing has already upgraded.

So I guess if you could post some suggestions on parts that allow me to safely rev to say 5500.

You can rev that safely now?
The CL2 is a better choice for revving a bit more.
You don't need another carb...Maybe hone it to .615 but not needed.
5500 is peanuts...
A stock BSP motor will rev to 6200 safely...with 10.8lbs springs all stock.
If you have a genuine honda flywheel they are good...maybe advance timing a bit.
Now if you want to go past the 6000rpm mark....then yes....a billet rod, pvl wheel.
Your stock lifters and rockers are okay stock...
And a aftermarket air filter and header will help,everything breath.

Mind you...if you rev past 6000rpm constantly you will have to check things more often, parts will wear out more quickly...

Well you seem to think that I can safely rev to 5500 right now with the upgrades I have? Is this true? the last thing I want is a cracked flywheel or valve float. I don't want to take it past 6000rpms at all. Thats a bit much. When I get past 4500 the engine vibrates a lot....I don't know if this is normal but maybe.

The stock carb is bored to .615 but I'm considering a Stage 2 honda carb bored to .615
for more reliable performance.

Looks like the billet parts are really only there to bulletproof your engine.

We raced karts asn class 5.5 Hondas back in the day...
Rpms were always 6-6500rpms
Now in WKA box stock...we have to upgrade flywheels...all else is stock, and clone carb. At .615...if you are looking for all out performance a Honda carb is better.
Raced all year with oil changes, check valve lash, and occasional 10.8 valve spring change.
Ran them at 6450 no problems...
And yes for durability, and peace of mind on a mini bike...billet rod, and flywheel are for added insurance.

Hi, I have a NR Racing Stage 1 modified lifan 6.5hp clone. It currently has:

18lb valve springs
rejetted oem carb
honda oem flywheel (not aluminum)
aftermarket air filter
no governor

I'm looking to get more torque, and the ability to safely rev it higher. I've looked over the threads here and came up with a list:

Billet Rod
PVL Aluminum Flywheel
CL1 Cam or BSP Cam....
Honda carburetor
Billet lifters

I'm kind of new to cams for these engines and really just want to find one that won't need stiffer valve springs. I've never worked on valves in 4 cycles and really don't feel like messing with what NR racing has already upgraded.

So I guess if you could post some suggestions on parts that allow me to safely rev to say 5500.
Hi MGDBminibikes,
The black mamba JR cam would be your best bet.
Tim