Lil' Indian Find

Tom,

Saw that on Thursday and am so glad that you picked it up! If you got it for even less than they were asking then you scored! Really looking forward to seeing it progress.

...I was wondering about the kickstand, Its hard to tell in your pics cool that it does :thumbsup:
It didn't occur to me to look for it until I saw the brochure. It's just like the one on my Rutman. When you fold it up it disappears beneath the engine plate.

Someone very well could have changed it but I have had a few even older 3hp engines with the holes, all were large journal 3/4" crankshaft 3hp briggs though.
Yeah, the fan shroud is date stamped '67. But the left side case also has a square 4-bolt accessory mount with the clutch guard attached to it. When did they start having that? All of my old engines have a smooth left side case. Is it possible that the original fan shroud was installed on a replacement engine? The paint on the fan shroud and engine matches very well, and the Lil' Indian decal on the shroud appears to have been there a long time.