Lil Indian meets low rider and muscle bike

We used to cut forks off of donor bicycles, beat them on our bikes and ride ride ride, looking back had to be a Death Wish w/o bolting or welding them on.

Way nice work!
We did the same thing with our stingrays along with drill new holes in our tall sissy bars to lower the seat height. One goofball kid in our Daly City neighborhood shouted “Hey guys, I’m gonna roll my bike off the Cliff!” As the unbolted forks and wheel tumbled a few hundred feet into the Pacific Ocean!!!! FD3F2592-311A-4D81-9438-FBAB66803229.jpeg

Broke Joke

We did the same thing with our stingrays along with drill new holes in our tall sissy bars to lower the seat height. One goofball kid in our Daly City neighborhood shouted “Hey guys, I’m gonna roll my bike off the Cliff!” As the unbolted forks and wheel tumbled a few hundred feet into the Pacific Ocean!!!! View attachment 295974
Wow Joe! What a beautiful neighborhood to grow up in !!

Loving those tether cars. I used to make air powered ones from the landing gear of my crashed control line planes, some wood, and a fox .09. put a nail in the middle of the street and some string and they would go like stink! . There is a tether car track in Wantagh Long Island and I watched the modern tether cars race there you can barley see them go around its nuts!

Mr. Pink

Loving those tether cars. I used to make air powered ones from the landing gear of my crashed control line planes, some wood, and a fox .09. put a nail in the middle of the street and some string and they would go like stink! . There is a tether car track in Wantagh Long Island and I watched the modern tether cars race there you can barley see them go around its nuts!
Anyone else ever drill out a Pinewood Derby car and install an Estes rocket engine?
It’s amazing we made it to adulthood!

River Rat Ron

Christmas morning so excited. Anchored string, packed the chute, filled with cox fuel and fired it up
Rocketed down the string knocked off bead that tripped the kill switch, hit the end kept going into a wall and exploded into pieces. 010E28A8-C45A-4F6C-B02C-EF2E37248183.jpeg

Last edited:
We taped a Size D rocket engine to a metal model Volkswagen bug. Put a fuse in it a lit it. The little Volkswagen took off and flew into my moms car, then the engine came off and flew into the back of my friends school letterman's coat and burnt it. Was grounded for a month. Did some crazy stuff too.Im 65 and still have rockets!!! No mini bikes right now, but would love to have another one. Moved into a condo in South Florida. Have nowhere to work on a mini bike right now. It stinks!! But its warm!!

I had a cox airplane with a string on it to just go around in circles. If I remember correctly it was a chrome or silver looking plane. I got bored with that so took off the string and taped the flaps in a nice position. Started her up and let her go. Never did find it...lol. I never thought that far in advance on how I would recover it. Dumb kid....

Any updates on the build?, a part of me is like Noooooooo!, why'd ya kill a Lil Indian but the other part of me is like "At least it's clean AND cool", NOT some teenage hack job.

-A2M