Lil Indian mini-matic 1st gear

I am in process of re-producing a Lil Indian mini-matic 1st gear for a fellow member. Is there more interest if I do multiples?
At this time just seeing if there is additional interest. They will be built as the originals were.
Regards,
Joe51

I met with a machinist today, left him with sprockets/hub material & (my original gear). We covered tolerances and methods to machine the parts. Should have samples back by weeks end. Will also visit a heat treat Company I know well this week. To discuss furnace brazing like the originals were.
Regards,
Joe51

Will do. Spoke again with him today. Drawings are now made with all dimensions. Being a specialty part I am sure the interest will be low, however, once completed at least I'll be able to make them if needed. I recently purchase several NOS Comet clutches with the hard to find 13 tooth #35 chain sprocket. I have a couple NOS Fairbanks Morse Lil Indian secondary clutches as well. I grew up on 2 speeds. Having both NOS Lil Indian & Rupp units I am able to see the best of both.
Regards,
Joe51

Wow Joe, furnace brazing. The company must be a special kinda heat treat place. Its nice to have access to specialty folks like that.
Big project you got here. Nice to hear about Ohio and Michigan vintage machinery. Those are two holy grail bikes for me yet.
Steve

I have only two at this time that are out to the furnace braze operations. Both are spoken for. I may make more. Not sure yet.
Regards,
Joe51

Received the repop 1st gears today. Pic shows the original in the middle. Sprockets were furnace brazed/heat treated to original specs and glass beaded.
Regards.
Joe51

Thanks to Jjtwospeed for providing me an original Mini-Matic plate for reference. Here is the first pass of a repo. Just got back from the laser guy. Next step is to make the bend, cut the tube to correct length and see how it all fits. Any adjustments will be made if needed before making several.
Regards,Joe

Hello.thanks & understood regarding working on other bikes. I would be open to offering a kit for non Lil Indian applications And a purist Lil Indian plate. Really all depends on what the owner is intending for his/her application. Open to hear from anyone on what they are trying to accomplish regarding 2 speed specific stuff.
Regards.
Joe51

Hi Joe51, I am interested in a reproduction first gear and a set of the clutch cover brackets for my 1968 Lil Indian Grand series 6000.
Let me know when they become available. Thanks for all your efforts. Jim