Lil Indians second generation

Still can't get the clutch off.:hammer::hammer: I had #2 running pretty good today. Then it started acting up again.:doah: There was wire hooked from the governor arm to the throttle assembly and I replaced it with a spring. Seemed to make things better temporarily.:laugh: I did pick up a new carb at OldMiniBikes today so I'm going to put that on tomorrow. #1 is running like a top. Took for a little spin today.

I NEED TO GET THAT CLUTCH OFF.:angry:

If you have a torch I would try and heat the clutch (not the crank) and then use the puller see if it breaks free.
You're doing all the right stuff, if you keep it up it will prob eventually come off.

I ran the engine for a while today and things got pretty hot. I thought that would work. "nope".....More pb blaster and see ya tomorrow lil indian.:laugh:

There is another trick if the crank's threaded- thread in a longer 5/16 bolt to the crankshaft. With engine removed, person A holds the clutch, suspending the engine. Person B smacks the bolt head with a hammer. The kinetic energy from the engine weight is added without damaging anything. (As long as the engine doesn't pop off and bounce off the floor)

A small miracle happened today. I got that clutch off finally.:doah: I was determined today. Heat, PB blaster, dremmel, hack saw, puller, breaker bar and about 20 other tools. Must be my lucky day. :laugh: Put the new carb on and it fired right up.:thumbsup: I need to get some kind of a elbow for the fuel line because the carb has a different fitting that is pinching the fuel line. I only had orange fuel line.:laugh: Still don't have the throttle working quite right but I thought I would quit for the day while I was on the plus side.:laugh: Need to make some chain and I'll be ready for a test drive soon.

Put the new chain and clutch cover on today and thought I was going for a ride.:laugh: Everything was fine until I sat on the bike and it tried to pull me.:laugh: Seems like the governor is shutting down to easily. Maybe the spring is too week.:eek:ut: When I got the bike, it actually had a piece of wire going from the governor arm to the throttle assembly on the shroud. I don't know.:doah: I'll mess with it tomorrow. I did take the other twin for a spin. That bike is scary fast with a 4hp.:laugh:

Put the new chain and clutch cover on today and thought I was going for a ride.:laugh: Everything was fine until I sat on the bike and it tried to pull me.:laugh: Seems like the governor is shutting down to easily. Maybe the spring is too week.:eek:ut: When I got the bike, it actually had a piece of wire going from the governor arm to the throttle assembly on the shroud. I don't know.:doah: I'll mess with it tomorrow. I did take the other twin for a spin. That bike is scary fast with a 4hp.:laugh:
You may have to go back and see if the governor rod is properly positioned at idle. If it's off, the bike will go at the wrong time and without you firmly attached.

I got the governor all straightened out. Just like I thought, it just needed a adjustment. Took for a spin and runs great. Both of the bikes have terrible front end wobble. I took the neck bolts out and greased the neck really good. No matter how tight you made the neck bolt, still loose. All I did was install a washer on the bottom of the neck bolt and it was perfect.:thumbsup: Then, both front wheels would not tighten up. Seems that the step down spacers are to long in the middle of the wheel and they hit each other before the wheel is tight. Maybe a factory defect.:laugh: I just added a washer to the wheel and it took up all the slack. Both front ends are nice and tight. Steers so much better.:thumbsup: